Xubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKal View Post
    Hi I'm Peter and a newbie....
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...23&postcount=3
    except it's called New Thread now

Beans

Hi everyone my name is reign and I just signed up a few minutes ago I just thought of introducing myself before I find the answers to my questions. Have a great day!

Beans

Hello everyone! Soldier currently in Afghanistan, redeploying back to the states early August! Plan on getting ubuntu and linux for the first time while *hopefully* still able to play wow... (hey...everyone's got their vices! )

My laptop is an Asus G73JH. I've touched linux back in the day with those Live Distro CDs which highly intrigued me. My job in the army is commo (communications) so I fix radios and laptops/pcs so figure that linux while having a learning curve won't be too much hopefully.

I just really don't want to lose my wow playing...too many friends on there

29 male, currently stationed at fort campbell, ky. Been working on/with computers since way back in the early 90s when I got my first "pizza box" mac from a local person in Wisconsin for $150. (pizza box, screen, keyboard and mouse. Grabbed it because I looked at it as an "easy" way to do homework and keep track of things in high school. Love the Macs...however been getting ******* computers last 10 years...usually the "cheap" laptops until I forked over the cash and got this nice asus laptop.

I welcome all to respond/reply to me if you don't mind...trying to put forth the effort to make some online friends and as such, figured I'd start by becoming a member here!

If you would like to email me about any ubuntu tips (I'll be installing xubuntu...sleek and sexy) my email is dark.psi.aol.com (minus at sign.)

Have a good one!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello Everybody

I'm Akira but my net friends tend to call me Neo (aka ultraneo) from England. Over the years I've used various platforms for various reasons, so I'm not really your open source guru or your regular 'switcher' but there's potential.

Outta pure curiosity I recent took a trial of Ubuntu 10.10, installed as a VM (knowing it's completely safe) hosted on Parallels running under MacOSX after it's initial install, long session of playing and basic exploration, I figured how to install tweaks and utilities.

Several hours later, I'm still exploring and with every click I'm getting more impressed!! Now, it's gotten to the point where I'm wondering "why didn't I install this as my initial operating system..." Then I thought of work but don't worry, I'm quickly discovering why open source is soo valuable, guess it won't be long till it's on all my systems but first.. I took up the challenge of installing Ubuntu on my Macbook.

Prior to this, I'd read loads of out-dated horror stories posted by various people all over the net, saying this 'n' that but my installation went really smoothly. Actually it wasn't long before I figured how to set-up the rock-steady web-server... Man, that's soo useful!! Now I'm thinking of migrating it to my windows pc, let it run wild on my underused SSD
    Specs: Macbook(4,1), Dell 2408WFP, 2Gb Ram, Maverick & Natty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by UltraNEO* View Post
    Hello Everybody

I'm Akira but my net friends tend to call me Neo (aka ultraneo) from England.
    Hi! I'm glad to see another designer here at the forum.

I hope you'll check out the Art and Design sub-forum as well. Enjoy your stay!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Lips View Post
    Hi! I'm glad to see another designer here at the forum.

I hope you'll check out the Art and Design sub-forum as well. Enjoy your stay!
    Many thanks.. I do hope my stay will be long and proactive
    Specs: Macbook(4,1), Dell 2408WFP, 2Gb Ram, Maverick & Natty

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome everyone !
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Whats up all, New around here, New(er) to ubuntu and linux in general but I've been around computers my whole life

I still have an old apple IIc with a green screen that I play with an write basic for when Im bored on the weekends.

Got my first "real" computer in the early days of Windows 98 (blasphemy?) and never looked back.

I've dabbled in linux but Im making the plunge and eliminating all my windows installs.

lets see how this goes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Good morning, gals and guys! I don't know how I missed introductions, but I'm finally here! I started in Linux about ten years ago in Mandrake 7.3. That's so long ago that few here even know what that is! As I like to tell my friends, that was when Linux was actually hard! Throughout my Linux experience, I have, out of curiosity and the urge to learn new things, downloaded live CDs and now live USB images. Several years ago, I came across Ubuntu and liked it so much that I installed it on one of my four computers. Gradually, it has swallowed all four! My wife loves her System 76 Meerkat running 10.04LTS.

I try to contribute over on the Networking and Wireless forum. It is my great joy to get a reply that says, "Thanks, it works." That's almost as good as a paycheck...almost...

I always get a big smile when someone says they are an ancient user because they are some ridiculous age like 50. I will not reveal my age precisely, but I have been retired for 13 years and have a great-grandson. Trying to help new users get wireless going is a fun and usually quite rewarding way to spend some of my retirement leisure.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome one and all and young and old

Page 78 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast