Page 75 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi Guys,

Been on here a few days now, great forum.

I am a IT Professional, I will help where i can from my own experience and i am sure i will have lots of questions myself to be answered and look forward to interacting with you all.

After all these forums exist because the only difficult question is the one you dont know the answer too.

OK time to upgrade my coffee from version 2 to version 3, version 2 has become unstable

peace and nice to meet you all (virtually speaking of course)
    Last edited by haqking; September 3rd, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MichealH View Post
    Hey all I have been here for nearly a year but if you haven't seen me around here or in General Help, ABT ect. My name is Micheal and I live in North East England and I have been with ubuntu for 3 years now!!! my first distro I tried was 7.10 and I am now testing the lucid lynx. I joined here because every time I had a problem when learning I didn't give in and most importantly evry answer was here for me. I have just turned a teenager in March so I am 13 years old. I am amazed about ubuntu and I will never quit using it. Even If i dual-boot (Which Im gonna do when I have time lol Just had to recover my Windows.)
    Hello Micheal, I am in Australia and love Ubuntu and had a problem a couple of weeks ago i upgraded to 11.04 and hated it so put the disc in to install 10.10 Meerkat [dualboot] and the guy helping me got me to click on the wrong thing and i lost all my Windows and files , so had to get it fixed so i am in the same boat as you , at the moment i am using windows waiting for help to install Ubuntu again , i absolutely love Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi,
    I'm Yeshining from China,and I'm also a christian of Jesus Christ.
    Ubuntu is a os I prefer to choose.
    I wish I can grow up here and learn to develop os in the future.
    Best wishes to you all!
    If you have a Msn,please contact me:
    <snip>
    Last edited by cariboo; June 24th, 2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Remove email address for safety

Welcome to the forum

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi, I'm a little late posting on here, I joined yesterday. I'm Lee. I'm fairly new to Linux and ubuntu. I've decided to go across completely to Linux at home. I think it's the best way to get involved, learn and improve.

Have to say I'm loving the experience so far. I'm a Windows SYS Admin by day so it's been quite a change for me.

Beans

Hi All,
    I'm a new Ubuntu user. My name is Bhim.I've been using Ubuntu since last 3 days. I need some help from my fellow community brothers and sisters.

I'm trying to configure LTSP in Ubuntu11.04. It seems like I've done all the steps correct as per documentation available for LTSP but still no go.

I'm using a linux thin client to boot the bootfloppy and load ubuntu kernel. I'm using my existing Windows dhcp to send the boot floppy and configured following dhcp options

017 Root path:/opt/ltsp/i386
    066 Boot Server Host name:<my ltsp server ip>
    067 Bootfile name:ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0

When I'm booting my linux thin client. The client gets the ip from my dhcp server and loads the boot floppy from tfp server and it stays at Trying to loadxelinux.cfg/default just after the line tftp prefix:ltsp/i386 ok.

Please help me to find out where I'm going wrong.

Many thanks to all the community members. Sorry for long post. I'm little excited as this is my first post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hey all, Had a nose around the forums for a while now, may have even registered a year or so ago I think, lost the name and email etc...

Anyway!

Been using Linux on and off for a couple of years, mainly Mandriva and Ubuntu but I have to say I've loved the past couple editions of Ubuntu, I'm currently on 11.04 and its so easy to configure and runs so quick!

I've used a macbook for a few years along with my windows desktop pc, I love OSX but I refuse to pay apple's prices for what I believe isn't value for money hardware, maybe I'm wrong but I love my budget built quad core, water cooled pc, it does everything and I can't believe how much quicker it is now I'm in Ubuntu!

But shamefully I have it configured it to be slightly like OSX, only because I'm used to it like that! but with Ubuntu's own little twist! It's awesome!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyway, I'm off to ask for my first bit of help now!

See everyone around! Also I'll be in the Ubuntu IRC channel under the same name!
    Intel Core i5-2550K @ 3.4GHz
    16GB DDR3 Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX660 2048mb
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Have fun in Dante's First circle#ubuntu

There's a lot of channels about check them out

Welcome to the forums where it all gets better if you hang around and watch it do so.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi all,

I feel a little embarrassed introducing myself now as I have been around since December, 2010. I am a 67 year old pensioner hailing from that land "down under". My original OS was Wubi 10.04 but it didn't take much of a play around to convince me that I wanted to go the whole way and install a dedicated Ubuntu OS.
    In January I installed 10.04 from a disk that I received in a Ubuntu book that I purchased. I was not then (and still aren't) very clued up and as a result had a few mishaps - that is when these forums jumped to the forefront of my needs, With the assistance of such helpers as plucky, Old_Gray_Wolf, dandnsmith and seawolf167 I was able to able to resolve my problems and hopefully learn a little on the way. My thanks to all the helpers and moderators in the forums.

I was very satisfied with the gnome desktop however when 11.04 came along I was very much tempted to go for an upgrade even though my knowledge was limited. My old computer did not support Unity so I made a major decision for me and purchased a new computer. I made a decision to follow the path of future Ubuntu upgrades even though at present I am using Classic mode. I plan to progress to Unity as I get more confidence in the OS. I see this progress as a challenge(in my old age) with the understanding that I can choose another system if things don't work out.

Anyway, that is enough of a rave by me - I would like to finalize this post by saying that I think these forums are the best I have seen - by a long way!

Cheers,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebean View Post
    I feel a little embarrassed introducing myself now as I have been around since December, 2010. I am a 67 year old pensioner hailing from that land "down under".
    These Forums always benefit from more Australians . Welcome to the Forums from a fellow Aussie!!
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Page 75 of 389 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast