Page 68 of 319 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Talking Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Good afternoon guys, Ryan here. My story with Ubuntu [i had dappled in Red Hat for years before and even Yellow Dog at one point!] started way back in the Jurassic Era around Warty Warthog but wouldn't have a happy after story until 2 weeks ago. I had been dipping my toes into the Ubuntu waters for years now and constantly upgraded from version to version until i got fed up and decided to stick with good ole reliable windows [in a matter of speaking that is *cough* *cough* Trojans and the odd virus aside.] The frustration of those years with hardware drivers that didn’t work, hideous GUIs [IMHO ]and the eternal constant need to search for help coupled with a diminishing amount of free time on my part due to college meant that it was a fun side project for me but no way near a viable alternative for Windows.

Anyways, long story short I downloaded Natty when it launched and installed it via Wubi that way I could play with it and heck uninstall it after a few weeks. But dude was I surprised. Everything just worked, the interface looked gorgeous [yes Unity is still a little raw but its beauty and simplicity rock] the default apps were sensational..... I couldn’t believe how exciting it was and low and behold i haven’t logged into Windows 7 in weeks. In fact i am gonna migrate everything, increase the Ubuntu size, and keep Windows 7 for the games and Office [might install it via Wine haven’t decided yet] Man what a pleasure it has been and i cant wait to continue this amazing journey. Rock on fellow Ubuntinites!

Beans
    Distro

Hello From LebanonHi everyone. I am Jean-Paul from Lebanon. I was a big fan of window

Hi everyone. I am Jean-Paul from Lebanon.
    I was a big fan of windows since my first bought computer in 1999....Until I studied an IT course in my university and learn about different operating systems and how they differ and even how secure is Linux. I start searching on the Internet for the word LINUX to know how to install it so I found at top of the list the word Ubuntu. I tried it for the first time in august 2010, it was 10.04 version so I didn't know what you can and what you can't do with Linux comparing to windows. Day after day I was sticking to Ubuntu more than windows until I sticked to Ubuntu completely in December 2010. I start telling my friends about it and until 10 of my friends are now using it and they all like it.
    Also my friends at university who was seeing my laptop was asking me about my operating system so I told them about it. Many liked it and most of my English classmates are using it.
    I heard a lot of comments about Ubuntu 11.04 before it was released and as I am not a fan of trying alpha and beta versions, I've waited until the release date in April 28th.
    Honestly, I liked it more than 10.04 and 10.10 and now I am using 11.04 on both Desktop and Laptop computers.
    I only use windows when I want to play games unsupported by wine so windows now is just for playing games.

Regards

Beans
    Distro

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello, I'm Vanessa. You could call me Nessie. I'm quite new to the forums, and I started using Ubuntu not too long ago. So far, I'm loving it. But wow, there is so much to learn! It's a good thing that I love learning (and I'm quite a quick learner at it too).

Anyways, I'm looking forward to get to know the community. I keep hearing how wonderful this community is, and I would love to experience it first hand.

Vanessa
    Last edited by nessiemarie; May 19th, 2011 at 02:18 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hi Ryan, Hi Jean-Paul, Hi Vanessa!

It's nice to be amongst you all!
    Hope to see you around. <3
    5.5 GB's Free Ubuntu-One Cloud Storage~
    Click Here

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nessiemarie View Post
    Hello, I'm Vanessa. You could call me Ness or Nessie. I'm quite new to the forums, and I started using Ubuntu not too long ago.
    Welcome to the Forums and to Ubuntu Nessie
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

xddorox is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

Hello everyone. I got my hands on a copy of Ubuntu 10.10 at our local annual Geekfest here in Montreal (It's really called that) and left it on a shelf. Until Windows died on me, I got fed up and made a leap of faith. I'm very glad I made the move. The transition is not that hard and operation is a lot better than anything I have ever used. Hope I can contribute something.

Gerry

Beans
    Distro

Hey fellow ubuntu users, I'm Jimmy, been using Linux and Ubuntu in particular for a while now, think my first ubuntu version was dapper. Anyways, over the last years i have been too busy with work to offer my services within the community. This will now change .

So, let's get stuck in

current desktop:
    Screenshot.jpg

Beans

Arrow Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

I am Ahsan Ahmed. Using ubuntu 11.04 from 07/05/2011. Not much experienced, try to understand the Linux. Also, I love Linux very much.I am trying to acquire expertness in Linux and from my limited knowledge and experience try to help others.
    Thank you everyone!!!

Welcome to you all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I just realised that I never introduced myself!!

I'm Sam, as you can tell from my username, I'm 16 and from the UK.

I've been using Ubuntu for about 3 months now, and already prefer it over Windows, which I have used for approximately 10 years!!

My other passions include sports, mainly football (soccer), and music.

Feel free to add me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter (see my sig)!!!

Page 68 of 319 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast