Page 270 of 389 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone,
    My name is Danial Washington, 24 years old, From California. Before this I've been using iOS and now I'm moving to Ubuntu. Just wanted to Hello to all of the members.
    I'm here to have some useful info about the Ubuntu.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danial

Beans

Hello all!

My name is Eric and I am completely new to the Linux OS. I'm a full time student and Austin Community College in, well, Austin. I'm going for an associates degree in Info Tech Computer Programming and will be transferring to the University of Texas in Austin to continue my education possibly to fulfill my ultimate goal of a master's degree and beyond. And.. yeah, that's me (:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I don't think I've ever introduced myself on this forum, I might have though. Just thought I'd reintorudce myself anyways. I've been using Ubuntu since around 8.04 or so, loved it though I've usually been stuck to mostly LTS releases, they work better for this computer.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

They must work very well as you only have a post and a half a year! Welcome.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi,
    I'm Conor,
    I use Ubuntu and Arch Linux mostly and I'm on this forum to find out more about Linux away from the Arch Linux world (which is a bit... different )

Beans

Greetings,
    I'm Laur and I would like to build a computer.
    I'm glad to see that link on building a Linux computer in your signature, Bucky Ball.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by LYXDhE3 View Post
    I'm glad to see that link on building a Linux computer in your signature, Bucky Ball.
    It is dated, but the principals remain the same. Perhaps a good starting point and take it from there, using contemporary hardware. I bang on about this all the time, but a decent power supply is the heart of the machine. Name brand, 80+ rating. Few more bucks perhaps, but worth it. I've bought computer towers and taken the silver box PSU out and replaced with a 'safe' one. Keep the other for a spare, and if you grab a quality PSU, you won't need it anyhow.

Welcome to you and all new comers.

Beans

Hi, I`m Alex. and I`m Ubuntu user for a 4 years

I wanna start a new project that will be useful for many Ubuntu and Linux users in their work and business.
    Probably it will be a BIG startup in future.
    Please advise where to post ad to attract developers to the team.

Basic tools QT / C++

Have a good day!
    Thks!

Beans

New or not new... now that is a question.
    I'm brand spanking new to Ubuntu 14.04!
    I have tried various flavours of Linux over the years and always folded and gone back to *******. I first tried Ubuntu with 6.06 again with 8.04...
    I switched my media centre from Vista to XBMCbuntu which is based on 12,?? if Ubuntu and have really ejoyed the features although I do still have a couple of kinks to iron out.
    I recently decided to upgrade one of my Windows 7 machines to Ubuntu 14.04. This way I still have the machine running my day to day apps while I get to know Ubuntu better and get the kinks ironed out and my apps up and running. I'm really hoping that this time I can get everything I need up and working so that I can cut the strings to windows.

So I would still classify myself as a newbie in the Ubuntu / Linux arena...

Mel

Beans

Hello! Glad to join the Ubuntu Forums! Name is daniel, I live in the NW USA; in the heart of the redmondian empire. I've been using Linux as a casual user, with some occasional experimenting, since mid '11. I made a full move to Ubuntu after gaining a distaste for Microsoft from learning of their involvement with the NSA operations revealed by the Snowden documents. Open Source is now the technology that empowers my life.

Hardware
    Thinkpad T400
    CPU: 64-bit Intel P8400 2.26GHz x2 HDD: 1TB
    Graphics: Intel GMA 4500MHD RAM: 8GB
    Distro: Ubuntu 14.04.1

Dell Inspiron 11-i3147
    CPU: Intel Pentium N3530 2.16GHz x4 HDD: 500GB
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail) RAM: 4GB
    Distro: Ubuntu 14.04.1

Page 270 of 389 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast