Page 25 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello, my name is Kyle. I just switched my laptop over to Linux. Thought it would be a good idea to join the forum. Tried almost every distro Linux has and finally got something other than Puppy working on my laptop. Currently running Jaunty on a Dell Inspiron 2650 (Old, I know) which seems to be working pretty well for the most part. Still have some bugs to sort out though. Very new to Linux but already learning. If I'm in need of help please be kind and try to bare with me. Great site btw, very informative and professional.

Beans

Him Im Lee from Dundee, Scotland
    Just noticed i actually joined here in 2008, anyway i have 10.4 back on the laptop and hope to be here a bit more regularly

thanks

Lee

Beans

Hello. I'm Dave from FL. I don't know much about computers at all, let alone Linux systems. I did graphic design for several years, and windows was always a pain. So, I am in the process of learning about what I am actually doing with a computer. Once I figure out what I am doing with a computer, I plan on running Xubuntu. Hopefully you guys will be a lot of help, cause I will really need it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My name's Kyle. I've been a member for a while, but never made it far outside of the development forum. I've been using Ubuntu for a few years now and love it, even blog out it fairly often..
    http://kyleabaker.com/

Beans

hi, i don't have a name, i'm not from Earth but i love Ubuntu!
    - treehugger

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi, I just started with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on Saturday.

My 4yr old XP desktop kindly informed me that hard-drive failure was imminent, so I backed up all my files, got a new hard-drive and installed Ubuntu. (I did not bother partitioning because I absolutely do not need Windows for anything on that computer).

I am very pleased so far. It almost seems too easy. It auto recognized my printer and scanner, which with XP, I had to hunt for drivers and do some trickery to get them to work. That scanner is too old to work with Windows Vista and 7, so I am very happy to not have to purchase a new scanner!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey there. I'm Mark, mainly known as Smudge though but you can take your pick on that one.

I've just installed Ubuntu and I'm very new to it but so far I'm enjoying using it.

No doubt I will be pestering you fine people every two minutes with minor problems. So, sorry in advance.

I'm a big music fan, mainly rock/metal stuff though. If you're interested; my favourite bands would probably be: Dream Theater, Om,Sleep, Eyehategod, Electric Wizard, Pelican, Isis, Godflesh, Nadja

Anything else you wanna know just ask.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I suppose my name describes me. I'm a bit of a confused guy. I have a lot to learn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello, my name is Lisa and I've been using Ubuntu for 3 days now and am loving it so far. I'm looking forward to learning all kinds of fun stuff on the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat1975 View Post
    Hello, my name is Lisa and I've been using Ubuntu for 3 days now and am loving it so far. I'm looking forward to learning all kinds of fun stuff on the forums.
    This is my wifes first post to the forums. I am really excited for her to learn a lot from these forums and meat new friends like I have. I been using ubuntu sense version 6.10
    I am not a PC! I am not a Mac! I am a Human Being! Windows was not my idea!
    Ubuntu = $0.00, Software = $0.00, Updates = $0.00, Freedom = PRICELESS!

Page 25 of 389 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast