Page 249 of 281 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2807

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello All,

I am 1 week new into Ubuntu/Linux and am absolutely in love with it and overwhelmed with the beauty of it! I am totally sold on Ubuntu and would not go back to Windows if it was given to me free for life! I am learning so much, so fast, and you all are a big help with my learning curve. Thank you for your expertise and input.

Java Joe

Beans

Hello,

Just finally joined. I used to mess around with Mandrake and other Linux distros about 8-10 years ago, but finally decided to try it out again. Good to see installation is relatively painless now. I was quite pleasantly surprised to boot off of a 2gb thumb drive and have the wifi connect with a simple password entry without having to look around for drivers and whatnot.

Trying to get my wife hooked on it now. It's hard to point out that most of the programs we use are already there without all the popups for attention and seperate installs or purchases (ie windows).

Hammer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by billy11 View Post
    Hello everyone! I am brand new to the computer modding world, ive modded my android phones for quite sometime, working with kernel tweaks and bootloader bypasses (2nd init and dual booting roms) and its became easier over the years. Im a senior in highschool and im attempting to go to school for a software degree (im not sure which to specifically try for, theres so many).

What makes me want to dive into computer modding is the linux scripting, it makes android modding so much easier when on the same base as the phone. Plus, most things utilize linux distros for buisnesses, so id love to learn to script and stuff on linux!
    Hi Billy,

Welcome to the forums on behalf of all of our members - I trust your stay with us is long and fruitful!
    It will be interesting to see if you find other like-minded modders in our community -

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Johnston View Post
    Hello All,

I am 1 week new into Ubuntu/Linux and am absolutely in love with it and overwhelmed with the beauty of it! I am totally sold on Ubuntu and would not go back to Windows if it was given to me free for life! I am learning so much, so fast, and you all are a big help with my learning curve. Thank you for your expertise and input.

Java Joe
    Hi Joe,

It is really great that you are finding so much enjoyment with Ubuntu. As you say there are many helpful members here.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyhammer007 View Post
    Hello,

Just finally joined. I used to mess around with Mandrake and other Linux distros about 8-10 years ago, but finally decided to try it out again. Good to see installation is relatively painless now. I was quite pleasantly surprised to boot off of a 2gb thumb drive and have the wifi connect with a simple password entry without having to look around for drivers and whatnot.

Trying to get my wife hooked on it now. It's hard to point out that most of the programs we use are already there without all the popups for attention and seperate installs or purchases (ie windows).

Hammer
    Hi Jeremy,

A big welcome to you too on behalf of all here - Ubuntu has progressed a lot over the years hasn't it?
    Hopefully your wife may join us on the forums too!

Finally to the three of you a message that I often pass on - Don't forget to have fun.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.

PopularPages Wiki Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Bashing-om

Thank you for the warm welcome!! I think your absolutely right!! Best way to gain exposure

-jay
    Last edited by Jason_West; March 8th, 2014 at 07:11 AM.

Beans

Howdy,

I just started using 12.04 a few months ago and it has quickly become my main OS. This is my first experience with a linux distro and its got me hooked. Im always looking for some good projects to work on. Right now Im getting trying to get a machine running to set up a home web/media server using ubuntu server. Some other projects I've been working with are GRUB themes, trying to write some basic shell scripts, basic HTML and CSS and I've been toying around with kali a bit. I'm sure I will be picking some of your brains here soon and Im looking forward to learning as much as I can.

-dubrewski

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi dubrewski,

A big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums - it seems as if you have many projects on the go for you -

Whenever you need any help, simply ask a question in the most appropriate forum - there are many people here who can be of assistance.

Cheers and good luck -

PopularPages Wiki Thread

Beans

Hey all, "new" to the forum here.
    I've used this forum for almost as long as I've used Ubuntu, and that is starting to be a good long while. So I thought that it was about high time I made a profile and introduced myself.

The main reason for the lack of posts is (sadly) not that I'm a awesome ubuntu genious though, but rather that you guys have already answered all of my questions before I knew I had them.
    My main problems have basically revolved around citrix-issues and tuning windows-applications to run in emulated environments.
    Lucky for me I have been around computers since the early DOS days, so I'm not afraid to mess around in config-files and terminal windows. haha.

Anyway, a big hi from me to an awesome community.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by torbjorn-n View Post
    Hey all, "new" to the forum here.
    I've used this forum for almost as long as I've used Ubuntu, and that is starting to be a good long while. So I thought that it was about high time I made a profile and introduced myself.

The main reason for the lack of posts is (sadly) not that I'm a awesome ubuntu genious though, but rather that you guys have already answered all of my questions before I knew I had them.
    My main problems have basically revolved around citrix-issues and tuning windows-applications to run in emulated environments.
    Lucky for me I have been around computers since the early DOS days, so I'm not afraid to mess around in config-files and terminal windows. haha.

Anyway, a big hi from me to an awesome community.
    Hi torbjorn-n,

A big (belated) welcome to you on behalf of all forums members - now that you are here, I trust that it will be for a long time!

Perhaps you will be able to share some of your knowledge by helping out in the forums, in any case make sure that you have fun.

Cheers and best wishes -

PopularPages Wiki Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Okay, people, hello. My name is HeroicLove aka TinkerTantrum. And while I am not new to Ubuntu Forums, I am visiting the mobile website for the first time and I mist say it's been a long-time-coming. It looks great and now I can keep up with the latest news and updates at home or on the go. Smiles.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi All,

I am new to Linux, only about two weeks of using and started with Ubuntu and then tried Mint but have already researched a lot of reviews and forums and settled on Ubuntu. I truly think it is an amazing distro and hope to have many years on enjoyment. I for one like Unity and the feel of Ubuntu.

This is also my introduction to the forums as I am overwhelmed by the camaraderie and support of this community. I am glad to be here and thank you for your patience with me while I learn Linux.

Joe

Page 249 of 281 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast