Page 248 of 389 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Vijay, marshall and mike; welcome to the forums

Surfing through Ubuntu documentation is a good way to familiarize yourself. In my sig below.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome and so good to see you all here. Great stories! Hope you enjoy your stay, the OS and the learning curve. Rock on!

And don't forget, we're all part of a community that is here to help if you have issues. Just post a thread with a descriptive title and we'll jump in.

Beans

Hello all!!

Ubuntu newbie here. Spent some time quite a few years ago studying computer science. Not much came from it, but it planted the seed, so to speak. Recently installed Ubuntu on an old, archaic PC, and was blown away at how well it ran on a 6+ year old machine. I've since installed Ubuntu on 2 more PC's in the house....Ubuntu is taking over my life! Lol...

I've been trying to keep tabs on the Ubuntu Phone...it's very interesting, and something that I would be excited try out!

My latest learning breakthrough: Trying to compile a C++ program with the C compiler doesn't work. Learnt that one ma-self! <facepalm>

The thing that's cool with Ubuntu is that you can get as technical as you want with it. If I just want to turn it on to surf the web, it works great. But if I want to dig into the system, so to speak, there is so much there. You can continue to peel back the layers, and there's always more. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming....

Okay...back to my "Hello, cruel cruel world" C++ program that's now working!!

Excited to be part of a growing community.

Nathan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ncooke98 View Post

Excited to be part of a growing community.

Nathan
    Welcome and nice to have you aboard.

PS: I installed 7.04 a long time ago now and Linux took over my life, too, so beware!

Beans

Hello!

I hail from Australia, and am using Kubuntu for University Studies (Studying to become a teacher). I've used arch linux mostly throughout junior years in high school, but had to switch back to Windows for my final three years. Decided to stick with ubuntu for ease of setup for Uni.

Looking forward to chatting and learning more about linux!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi Jordan_Cameron. Don't forget to install Zotero. You can install standalone or as a Firefox plugin. And good luck with your studies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Used Mac OS X most of my life apart from a gaming PC I have which had Windows 7 on. Just moved to a new apartment so decided to dig her out and put Ubuntu on her to play around with Steam.

I used Ubuntu for a while back in the 7.04 days and use Debian dev environments and servers at work. It's amazing to see how far Ubuntu and Linux has come in a desktop perspective and Gnome 3 is gorgeous! As someone who works in design for me its a nice refreshing change!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi Jake,

Welcome back to this wonderful world of Linux - It is great that you are enjoying yourself!

If you ever get stuck, there are a multitude of willing helpers here - just remember to go on having fun.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello everyone! I am brand new to the computer modding world, ive modded my android phones for quite sometime, working with kernel tweaks and bootloader bypasses (2nd init and dual booting roms) and its became easier over the years. Im a senior in highschool and im attempting to go to school for a software degree (im not sure which to specifically try for, theres so many).

What makes me want to dive into computer modding is the linux scripting, it makes android modding so much easier when on the same base as the phone. Plus, most things utilize linux distros for buisnesses, so id love to learn to script and stuff on linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hello All,

I am 1 week new into Ubuntu/Linux and am absolutely in love with it and overwhelmed with the beauty of it! I am totally sold on Ubuntu and would not go back to Windows if it was given to me free for life! I am learning so much, so fast, and you all are a big help with my learning curve. Thank you for your expertise and input.

Java Joe

Page 248 of 389 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast