Page 247 of 389 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello,

I have been using different Linux distrobutions for about 10 years.. long time troller, first time poster. Definately NOT expert in shell.

running ubuntu studio 12.10 quantal to dualboot with win 8.1 on hp2000 i3 laptop factory installed OEM. as well I have my fiance running her dell d55 core duo laptop 11.04 with customized desktop and a gateway core duo desktop running 12.04 with customized desktop.

I ran into a problem with my ubuntu studio install and got very good and helpful support here and decided to be more a part of the community.

-j

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Jason_West; Hi ! My Wlcome.

Good testimony.

I my humble opinion, there is no better way to gain exposure to this operating system than contributing to the forum.

This is open source at it's best.

welcome aboard
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi, started using Ubuntu 12.04 last Thursday, I'm happy I made the switch. Very few Filipino pc users are using Linux, now I'm one of them. I want to learn more about Linux and computer,help me out.
    Thanks.

rodel

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rodel_catajay View Post
    Hi, started using Ubuntu 12.04 last Thursday, I'm happy I made the switch. Very few Filipino pc users are using Linux, now I'm one of them. I want to learn more about Linux and computer,help me out.
    Thanks.

rodel
    Hello and welcome rodel_catajay. Just post threads in the appropriate sections of the forums and give them descriptive titles is the best way to get help. Add as much info as you can think of. Have a look at the link in my signature for ways to write an effective support request.

There are some experienced and knowledgable folk here who are more than happy to help, but you need to help them by giving plenty of information.

Glad you're enjoying the OS, the learning curve, and hopefully the forums.

Beans

Never mind. I found what I was looking for. Please delete this post!
    Last edited by akacheebe2; February 23rd, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

Beans

I am marx404 and I was a Windows user...haha.

I am Windows saavy, comfortable in the command line and registry, not new to Ubuntu, but never had any real experience other than playing around with unsuccessful installs (somewhere around 2009?) ...that is until I tried Lubuntu 13.10 last month after MS declared XP's death toll. Windows 7 or 8? Nope.

Suffice to say that I am now kicking myself for not making the switch years ago. Loving Lubuntu.

Trying to figure out what compatible hardware I can scrounge up to put together some more lubuntu machines, do need help with that and understanding more file privileges and correcting what minor error messages that pop up.

Many stupid and perhaps unnecessary questions to follow ahead as I plod fwd into this new adventure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    marx404

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hiya marx404 and welcome. There's lots of knowledgable folk around happy to help so, when you're ready, post any issues with descriptive thread titles and in the appropriate section of the forum.

You might like to have a scan of the third link in my signature for tips on effective thread posting. Good luck and enjoy!

Beans

Hello everyone.
    I am Vijay Vankhede from Gujarat India,I am software engineer.I using Ubuntu for about 2 years at this point. I found Linux like god gift for system development purpose. Thank you every one for your contribution.and also thank you for open sourcing.

Beans

Hi everyone ! I started experimenting using Linux in 2008. I have tried OpenSuse, LinuxMint,Ubuntu as well as Kubuntu. Ubuntu became my favorite and distro of choice. I am currently running Ubuntu 13.10 on a late 2009 white unibody MacBook and so far I really love it.I have been running this distro and setup for about a week now. I am working towards making a complete switch to Linux (Ubuntu) for my everyday tasks.
    Last edited by howefield; March 1st, 2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: reset font.

Beans

Hi everybody.

I'm Mike and I'm a newcomer to Ubuntu. Up until now I've been a lifelong Windows user. I played around with Ubuntu 11.04 a few years ago using Wubi on Windows Vista, but never really got things to work correctly (wireless connectivity, etc.) A couple of weeks ago, I decided to partition and try a dual boot install of Ubuntu 13.10 using a burned installation DVD. I have not booted Vista on my laptop since. I feel like a kid at a candy store so far with all the free and open source programs available.

During my day job I work a lot in Microsoft Office Visual Basic (primarily Access and Excel) to automate business reporting, and I've dabbled some in C and Java. I'm still learning the lay of the land, but I'm really impressed with Ubuntu so far. I used Unix for some things in college a dozen years ago, so the terminal prompt is not entirely alien to me. I'm excited to check out PostgreSQL and some of the other software packages that come standard with the system.

Page 247 of 389 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast