Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Thread moved to The Cafe. and welcome to alexadam and everyone else
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi Everyone, i am Ajith from india. New here and to Linux environment. Although I did famaliarise with Linx about 10-15 years ago, did not continue. Now would like to stay with Ubuntu and learn. I love to tinker and experiment. Love to make friends and be useful to the community too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You should fit right in then, G_Ajith_Kumar. Hi Alex and all newcomers and returnings.

Beans

Hey everone. I'm back to Ubuntu for a 3rd time. I'd taken brief glances at Ubuntu back in later 2004 / earlier 2005 as well as 2006 or 2007. Frustrations with 24+ years of ... 'another OS' has finally brought me back to Ubuntu. As I'd read in the Forum(s) back then and as I see now - there had been and are, very many helpful people. Very cool to see.
    I've been teaching myself as a hobbiest in composing, art, electronics and programming since '75 (age 12. 50 now) having a great time. I always enjoy helping others in whichever ways that I'm able to.

I'm very glad to be back.

Take care,
    Ryk

BlinkinCat is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rykmillerunevenba View Post
    Hey everone. I'm back to Ubuntu for a 3rd time. I'd taken brief glances at Ubuntu back in later 2004 / earlier 2005 as well as 2006 or 2007. Frustrations with 24+ years of ... 'another OS' has finally brought me back to Ubuntu. As I'd read in the Forum(s) back then and as I see now - there had been and are, very many helpful people. Very cool to see.
    I've been teaching myself as a hobbiest in composing, art, electronics and programming since '75 (age 12. 50 now) having a great time. I always enjoy helping others in whichever ways that I'm able to.

I'm very glad to be back.

Take care,
    Ryk
    Hi Ryk,

I think I can speak on behalf of all in the forums in welcoming you!

As you become more involved you will be especially welcome if you are able to help others in the forums.

One thing that you should keep in mind is to enjoy your stay while you are with us!

Cheers and best wishes -

Beans

Re: Absolute beginner... in need of sound!

Hello, i am beginner about ubuntu....
    Thanks for this info, so I will learn this software in this forum.
    Thanks a lot guys.

Beans

Should've posted here yesterday, but meh....

DukeNukem 2417 here---just got interested in Ubuntu starting last year and decided to take the plunge with the admittedly outdated Ubuntu 9.10. I've never used a Linux-based system before, so....this should be interesting (if I can get it to run on my old PC).

Beans

Good Morning All,
    My name is Keith Myers and I have been a VERY Long Time Lurker and first time poster. I have been using Ubuntu for over 6 years exclusively and have no regrets. When I purchase a new laptop or build a desktop, the first thing I do is install Ubuntu. I figured that it was about time that I joined in on the forums.

I live in Miami and reguarly attend the South Florida LoCo Meetups.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DukeNukem_2417 View Post
    Should've posted here yesterday, but meh....

DukeNukem 2417 here---just got interested in Ubuntu starting last year and decided to take the plunge with the admittedly outdated Ubuntu 9.10. I've never used a Linux-based system before, so....this should be interesting (if I can get it to run on my old PC).
    Hi DukeNukem_2417 (and others). 9.10? Don't go there. You won't get much, if any, support here. It reached end-of-life a looooong time ago.

Install a supported release, like the very stable 12.04 LTS (good place for a newcomer) or 13.10. They are both directly upgradeable to 14.04 LTS when it is released in April. LTS releases have five years support.

Speaking of support, this is a non-support thread in a non-support section so feel free to ask about releases or anything else in a new thread in the support sections. Good luck!

Beans

Long time troll around here I figured it was about time I actually tried to contribute. Please excuse any late replies or responses I ever give I am usually pretty busy but I try to make it a point to always respond eventually. I hope I can be of some assistance around here ummm how do you end a greeting? Goodbye I guess errr see you later errr maybe i should have said something cooler...

Page 246 of 263 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast