Page 236 of 285 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2842

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello grannyk61 and welcome to the forums. Getting involved with Linux/Ubuntu is a fascinating journey and I hope you enjoy the ride. There are lots of very smart folks in these forums who are always willing to lend a hand. Don't be shy in raising your hand

One should never comment on a lady's age, but may I say your's is perfect.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome grannyk61. Enjoy the learning curve and the OS. As mentioned, if you have a question, just ask (in the appropriate forum section, of course).

PS: If you find the Unity desktop environment a little daunting, there are others that are more 'Windows like' and stripped back.

Beans

Hi. I'm Justin. Call me Darkson. I'm an older user and thinking really of switching back to windows, but I'll never leave the Ubuntu community. You guys are great!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by darksdarkson View Post
    Hi. I'm Justin. Call me Darkson. I'm an older user and thinking really of switching back to windows, but I'll never leave the Ubuntu community. You guys are great!
    Curious that this post came 6 minutes AFTER your announcement:
    Quote Originally Posted by darksdarkson View Post
    Okay, guys. It's been fun. I've had my share of programming, and honestly, I can't handle the lack of support on games and the amount of failed wine executions. So, Honestly, I just wanna go back to windows 7...
    ... but you're certainly welcome to stick around...
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Hello Ubuntu Community!

My name is Stephen and I have been dabbling with Ubuntu on and off for a very short time. (I'd say in total I have spent a cumulative total of about 1 week's worth of time with Ubuntu over the past 3 - 4 years.)

I primarily use my PC to game and Skype but I have began to become quite frustrated with Windows and decided, today, to make the full switch to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-Bit. I currently am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-Bit on my custom built low-budget gaming PC and on my Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop.

I love learning and trying new things and will admit I was rather overwhelmed at first trying to make sure that everything I use my computer for on Windows I would be able to do on Ubuntu as well. I have yet to encounter a problem I could not solve either via a Google search, which would generally take me to websites specifically created for Ubuntu technical support.

I think Ubuntu is a fantastic operating system and it continues to blow me away each day!

Cheers!
    Stephen

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by StephenSimonN View Post
    Hello Ubuntu Community!

My name is Stephen and I have been dabbling with Ubuntu on and off for a very short time. (I'd say in total I have spent a cumulative total of about 1 week's worth of time with Ubuntu over the past 3 - 4 years.)

I primarily use my PC to game and Skype but I have began to become quite frustrated with Windows and decided, today, to make the full switch to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-Bit. I currently am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-Bit on my custom built low-budget gaming PC and on my Compaq Presario CQ61 laptop.

I love learning and trying new things and will admit I was rather overwhelmed at first trying to make sure that everything I use my computer for on Windows I would be able to do on Ubuntu as well. I have yet to encounter a problem I could not solve either via a Google search, which would generally take me to websites specifically created for Ubuntu technical support.

I think Ubuntu is a fantastic operating system and it continues to blow me away each day!

Cheers!
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen,

A very big welcome to you on behalf of all in the Forums - it appears that we have all been busy and as a result have overlooked you!

Congratulations on taking the step of switching to Ubuntu - you are now one of millions of happy users.

If you do encounter problems, you will find that there are many here all willing to help - join in whenever you wish!

May you remain with us for many years - Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.

PopularPages Wiki Thread

Beans

Hello everybody,

My name is Tom and I've been using Linux for some time as a secondary OS for some years.
    Since this summer I switched completely to Ubuntu and haven't had any regrets so far.

I'm looking forward to spend some time on this forum!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Welcome tompiedom !
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans

Cool Re: Welcome to the Forums - Welcome to Wherever You Are!

Good day, fellow travelers. 'Chris Leach' is the name my parents conveniently provided me...you can call me 'Chris'. I'm a Linux newbie, though I once learned to speak Penguin many moons ago. I am a devotee of All Things Open Source, including Apache, office suites, Python, R, and open source hardware (Arduino, Prusa Mendel, Raspberry, et cetera).

It is my ardent goal to one day see the end of NSA hegemony via a worldwide network of volunteers using open source as its giant sayer.

Regards,
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

That last word in my post should have read "slayer".

Page 236 of 285 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast