Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome everyone, enjoy the forums
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Hello community members, I'm Arkan01d. I've made the slow transition to Ubuntu since the beginning of the year. Installed on an old laptop first, now I'm posting this from my main rig. Really looking forward to learning and helping out where I can.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by arkan01d View Post
    Hello community members, I'm Arkan01d. I've made the slow transition to Ubuntu since the beginning of the year. Installed on an old laptop first, now I'm posting this from my main rig. Really looking forward to learning and helping out where I can.
    Hi Arkan,

May I wish you a big welcome on behalf of all the Forums members. You will find that we are a friendly bunch here -

You will be especially welcome if you jump in and help where you see it is needed!

One of the main things to remember is to have fun, regardless of what you are doing.

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hi! Im Jonas. A friend helped me to install Ubuntu yesterday on an old miditower computer that didnt work and just stod in a corner and collected dust. I have another computer that i work with photography and music on. Right now i dont got anything on my Ubuntu-computer yet. But ill guess i just will have the computer to mess with.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jonas3 View Post
    Hi! Im Jonas. A friend helped me to install Ubuntu yesterday on an old miditower computer that didnt work and just stod in a corner and collected dust. I have another computer that i work with photography and music on. Right now i dont got anything on my Ubuntu-computer yet. But ill guess i just will have the computer to mess with.
    Hi Jonas,

Welcome to the Forums - You are in the right place to learn more about Ubuntu!

Have a good look around the Forums and ask any questions that you wish on the most appropriate Forum.

There are hundreds of Ubuntu users here to help you if you come up to a brick wall -

All the best and good luck!
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Thank you for the personal welcome! I am very eager to help. I also come with my own questions, but I guess that is to expected. -

Cya in the forums!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Welcome to the Forums

Greetings to my fellow Ubuntu users and fans!

My name is Christian, I just signed up to the Ubuntu forums like three days ago. I'm a fast learner however, and already I've been able to get the pleasure of aiding someone else in some troubleshooting issues they were having! What a great feeling, I love helping people!

Please see my BIO to get a little story on where I'm coming from.

I realize many forums/Internet communities put a lot of weight in seniority... Fact is, I don't. I don't believe in dismissing one member's views or value simply because they've been a member for one hour. Nor do I believe in swallowing everything someone else has to say and giving them undue respect just because they've been a member for 5+ years. Sure, experience matters, but not enough to look down on anyone because they have "less time on the job" than you. I learned this on another forum, I got too cocky when a newbie joined and I found out real fast that they had a lot to offer and I was too arrogant to let them be a help! As my "seniority" grows (slowly!) my promise to fellow members is that I will never treat one higher than another because of a surplus or lack of time of the forum. I believe in performance proving a person's value.

I hope I can be of assistance here on the forums, and I trust that honesty and genuine kindness will serve me well when interacting with others. "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you" is a motto of mine.

All the best to everyone, please do check out my bio if interested.

-CeejRab
    Last edited by CeejRab; September 17th, 2013 at 04:14 AM.
    -CeejRab

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi Christian,

On behalf of all Forum Members may I offer you a very big greeting - helpers are especially welcome here!

You have been very busy indeed, with quite a number of posts in a very short time.

May i suggest that it is very important to supply accurate information when answering a query - usually it takes time to obtain the

necessary knowledge. If you are lucky enough to be a quick learner then you are very fortunate.

Speaking for myself I find much of the technicalities of Ubuntu difficult to grasp and as a result I have tried to help in other ways!

But this greeting is for you, not me - so may I offer you best wishes and good luck -
    Last edited by BlinkinCat; September 17th, 2013 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Amended greeting to Christian!
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkinCat View Post
    Hi Christian,

On behalf of all Forum Members may I offer you a very big greeting - helpers are especially welcome here!

You have been very busy indeed, with quite a number of posts in a very short time.

May i suggest that it is very important to supply accurate information when answering a query - usually it takes time to obtain the

necessary knowledge. If you are lucky enough to be a quick learner then you are very fortunate.

Speaking for myself I find much of the technicalities of Ubuntu difficult to grasp and as a result I have tried to help in other ways!

But this greeting is for you, not me - so may I offer you best wishes and good luck -

Thank you very much BlinkinCat!

I definitely have a lot to learn, but yes, thankfully I learn pretty fast!

Thanks for the advice, I brainstormed some ideas on a couple threads but I'll work on more of a direct approach.

mall the best to you, if you need anything just ask, especially with Ubuntu help, I love a challenge!
    -CeejRab

Beans

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the Ubuntu, and of course the forum, so I probably will be crying for help pretty soon. I installed the dual boot, and I'm starting to like it a lot! I will be keeping windows, though , to avoid compatibility problems at work (with boss, mainly) .
    Cheers,
    s

Page 227 of 389 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast