Page 224 of 389 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi all, new to the forums, not on Ubuntu. I have been using it on and off since 9.xx

Got a few hardware failures in the past year or so and a few months ago it was the video card ... with all these unscheduled updates I found myself with a completely different PC than I started with (Dual-Core P4 with 2GB DDR400 became a Core 2 Duo with 4GB DDR2-800 now all sitting on a mini-ITX motherboard).

Stopped using the PC after the GT520 died, even though I had onboard video, I was 10 from moving into the house my wife an I bought so I had lots of other things on my mind.

Fast forward to last weekend I finally pulled out the dead video card and benchmarked the rest of the hadware, when I saw that everything was fine I backed up my drive and installed 12.04 LTS!

I have no pictures of the setup but the whole computer now sitting in a white Ikea Kassett box in my TV stand (I call it my Ikea computer), Mini-ITX motherboards are VERY small, you have to hold one in your hands to really appreciate it! Plus a full tower was overkill for that mini-ITX and looked odd beside the TV!
    Last edited by paul_c2; August 27th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi to Mohammad, Ben and Paul -

On behalf of all members of the forums, may I offer to each of you a very big welcome.

Have a good look around and join in whenever you wish. Most of all have fun - hopefully you will be with us for a long time.

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello from Texas! Name is Michael, mostly a Windows guy but have done some very basic UNIX support for about 5 years (installations etc). Decided to really dive in for a change!

Beans

Hello everyone, I have been using Ubuntu for about a month or so and I'm really enjoying the experience. In the past, i've used Windows 98 / XP until I got a mac in 2006. I really fell in love with the OS and found it a lot easier to work, sadly the hardware was completely the opposite. My macbook finally died in 2010 so i've been stuck with Windows 7 ever since. Because I am a gamer, I have been hesitant to switch to another OS, but trying out Ubuntu has really made me feel like i've gotten my mac back in a way. I've already had some fun choosing a theme and styling things how I want it. In general, I'm enjoying the feeling of having freedom and control of my own computer again, so I hope the community will be just as fantastic. It's nice to meet you and I hope I can get a handle on some of the basic commands real soon. :3

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi Michael and mishi2,

May I wish the both of you a very big welcome on behalf of all in the forums -

I trust that you will enjoy your stay with us. Hopefully that will be for a long time.

Have a good look around and join in or ask questions whenever you wish! Most of all, have fun.

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hi guys,
    just to say hello to everyone
    Ubuntu forum is really amazing...you can find the best solution for every kind of problem you can have with your distro
    Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by frupito View Post
    Hi guys,
    just to say hello to everyone
    Ubuntu forum is really amazing...you can find the best solution for every kind of problem you can have with your distro
    Cheers
    Hi frupito,

A big hello to you too! Yes the Ubuntu forums are pretty good aren't they?

If you ever have a problem, just jump in with a question.

I hope that you remain with us for many years!

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Welcome everyone
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Hi Folks yet another new user. taken the plundge big style; never thought i could live without windows? guess i was wrong none of the dual boot either (hopefully that'll last). Currently have put Ubuntu 13.04 on 2 out of the 4 systems i own. One in the office in the pub down stairs for the team to use; and the other on my almost beasty system in my upstairs office. Granted that one or more over this one took a little encouragement as i had issues with the SSD instalation; all good in the hood now. My only issue right now is to figure out how to get PS3 media server up and running but there has to be a thread about that somewhere, i know this isn't the thread for that. the other 2 systems i'm unsure they will be capable of running the most up to date version my tinkerer (if thats such a word) Raspberry Pi and lastly my abbacus of a laptop its seriously struggling to run linux mint; but it runs it a dam site better that it ran XP.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi sgtpepper0101, and welcome.

Forget the Raspberry Pi. Go for Raspbian, Raspbmc or Openelec for that (can still link to sources/partitions on your Ubuntu boxes, though, and can communicate back via Putty). But you are right. Not the right place for these questions/answers.

See you in the swim!

Page 224 of 389 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast