Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2607

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

BlinkinCat is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by guitarist2995 View Post
    Hello everyone!

Figured if I'm going to be spending some time on here I'd best introduce myself!

I'm Jillian, currently about to start my final year of high school and completely in love with all types of technology. I've used Ubuntu on occasion before on many computers as well as my own and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm planning on dual booting Ubuntu with windows on my main computer soon and also trying multiple other lightweight Linux distros on my netbook for school this year.

Nice virtually meeting you all and I really look forward to using this forum!

guitarist2995
    Hi Jillian,

A big welcome to you from all on the forums - our many ladies (young and not so young) will be pleased you are here.

You are in the right place to learn as as much as you wish about Linux and Ubuntu -

There are a large number of dual booters here too, so you will be able to pick up many pointers.

One of the main things to remember is to have fun with your computer!

Cheers and good luck -

Beans

Guess I should say hello as well. I will pop in from time-to-time but I am mostly a lurker.

But anyhow, Hi!

BlinkinCat is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Guess I should say hello as well. I will pop in from time-to-time but I am mostly a lurker.

But anyhow, Hi!
    Welcome JJ88,

You should join in more often - the main thing is to have fun while you are here!

There are thousands of lurkers out there.

Cheers -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi, Richard Thornton, new member of the forums, somewhat new to Ubuntu, have settled on it because I like what Canonical is trying to do. I worked with Suse/Opensuse for about 12 to 13 years and have decided it was time to go in a new direction and Ubuntu seems to be that direction. My first taste of Linux was in 1998 with RH 5.2 on an old Compaq 486 with 12 meg of ram. I currently use a Lenovo W530, with Ubuntu as a 64 bit VM. I have another Lenovo, a V470 from two years ago, which I might try to reformat Ubuntu next year. I had a small disaster on my hands a year ago when I tried to put OpenSuse on it and the UEFI BIOS went crazy with it; wound up costing me 100 dollars for support disks from Lenovo, plus phone support to reinstall Windows 7. I think that by now, the UEFI issues have been resolved, and that V470 uses the 2nd generation on board Intel graphics, so it is most likely compatible. I am not a fan of KDE at all, preferring GNOME, but Unity is also a good third way.

I am in the world of math/statistics/data analytics, and use SAS on Windows. Also JMP. I am dabbling with R on Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome RichardET

Beans

I started with computers back in the day of Windows for Workgroups 3.11. I saw my first picture on the internet - a crude Canadian Flag with a browser called Quarterdeck Mosaic. I advanced thru the use of Windows computers dutifully purchasing a new OS as they came out. I had never looked at Linux, until I decided to put Puppy Linux on an old lappy I had that had Windows Me on it. That was a couple of years ago. When the laptop died, I purchased a used Apple Power Book for like $100. What an investment! I got used to using this laptop, and using my Windows 7 workstation less and less. I came into a HP Touchsmart PC just before Windows 8 came out. I had had enough. lickety split, I formatted the Win7 station and replaced with Ubuntu. No going back from here. Previously I was evaluating ubuntu on my Win7 box in Virtual box, so the change from Windows to Linux was not a big deal and a WELCOME improvement in speed!

I look forward to my ubuntu life.

Mickee

Linux is NOT Windows. Doesn't PRETEND to be, Doesn't WANT to be; Don't try to MAKE it be.
    Last edited by mickee384; August 20th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Beans

greetings from Indonesia!
    hello,I'm badar. 4 years using linux but newb to this forum.
    hope i can seriously fun or fun seriously in here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hi, I'm Jacky! A KDE user to the bone!
    Site | Launchpad | Ubuntu Wiki

C++ is to C as the Singularity is to humans.

Beans

a belated hi as I was formally known as Goldshirt9 until the hack.

Page 222 of 261 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232 ... LastLast