Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by stevesy View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm Steve and I'm from Ireland. Been running Lubuntu 12.04 LTS on my Dell Mini for the past few months and it's been a very positive experience for the most part. I've always been a fan of the foss philosophy so I'm happy to finally have a GNU/Linux system and to be a member of the community. Looks like there are some good people here. I've been around computers a while but I've only recently taken up programming and electronics. Aside from command-line I'm learning Python and C. Also messing about with an Arduino kit as I'm starting a degree course in Mechatronics this year (god help me!). Really looking forward to it though.

I hope to be able to answer some questions on the forums as soon as I've a bit more experience myself. I'm here to learn, help out when I can, make some friends and have a bita fun, so feel free to give me a shout if there's anything I can do for you or you just fancy a chat. Oh yeah.. I'm mad into music and movies, I enjoy gaming (mostly Halo and Topspin 4) and HT systems. And beers of course..

Take it easy : ]

Steve
    Hi Steve - Your right, there are many good people here - A very big welcome from all of them!

It seems you will fit in here like a hand in a glove - your contributions will be welcomed.

As for making friends and having fun - the Cafe may be just up your alley - have a look-see.

Make yourself known and soon you will be an old hand - all the best

cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the warm welcome BlinkinCat : ]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Hi All! I started learning Linux in 2004. After trying several flavors, a friend gave me an Ubuntu 5.04 CD, and Ubuntu has been my distro of choice ever since. After my old computer died, I stopped using Linux for a while. But as fate would have it, Microsoft Genuine Advantage has encouraged me to get back in the game. You see, I bought a new legal copy of Win7, and after about a month of usage, it started telling me that my copy was not genuine. Grrrrr. After a few attempts to straighten things out, I said the heck with it, downloaded 12.10, formatted my drive and here I am. It's GREAT to be back!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ennead View Post
    Hi All! I started learning Linux in 2004. After trying several flavors, a friend gave me an Ubuntu 5.04 CD, and Ubuntu has been my distro of choice ever since. After my old computer died, I stopped using Linux for a while. But as fate would have it, Microsoft Genuine Advantage has encouraged me to get back in the game. You see, I bought a new legal copy of Win7, and after about a month of usage, it started telling me that my copy was not genuine. Grrrrr. After a few attempts to straighten things out, I said the heck with it, downloaded 12.10, formatted my drive and here I am. It's GREAT to be back!
    Hi Ennead,

It's GREAT to have you back even if you haven't been away for all that long - Welcome.

You will find the crowd here still as friendly as ever.

Things have changed a little with the New forums - have a look around for the changes.

Most of all have fun and make new friends.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Angry Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello
    been using Ubuntu, for about 3/4 months.

Switched from Win7 pro, Due to this desktops mis-use by the rest of the family, though they have their own !

I was very hesitant to switch completely, due to the hardware attached. So I tried it. Found it confusing at first.
    I'm very happy with it but it's like Win95/98/WinME - in the respect it needs constant internet to fix itself.

Well I'm off to peruse these forums, to find answers to 6/7 major niggles I currently have.

[[{ “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.”Albert Einstein }]]

Beans

My first forum post... Been using Ubuntu about a year and for the the most part am quite satisfied. Started with earlier versions but updated finally to 12.04 which worked very well. However, got a new computer and switched to 12.10 and have had quite a few problems. Not crazy about how 12.04 is working. Still working through the issues the latest is with the HP printer. Hopefully someone on the forum can help with this one.

Have a good day

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi Icebolt & Sheenders

Beans

Converted to Ubuntu a while back and absolutely love it!! A few bugs with the hardware - but I guess that's the point of the forum Can not wait for the launch of Ubuntu mobile, initial reviews and videos look amazing!

Hope to speak to more of you soon!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi Ramfanatic,

A very big welcome to you from all in the forums.

I trust your time with us will be happy and a good learning experience.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hi, I'm basic user of GNU/Linux. Normally I use LinuxMint but also I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 and Puppy 5.5 on a SD card.
    Don't speak English but read it pretty well.

Greetings to all

Page 199 of 389 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast