Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by SASDOE2 View Post
    Hi all, complete newbie (for now) to the linux world. Built my first server under 12.04 server last month, and am pretty eager to learn plenty more !

Hope to see you all around.
    Hi and a big welcome to you SASDOE2,

You're in the right place to learn as much as you wish,

Have a good look around and get involved with the questions and answers as it suits you.

It won't be long and you will be an expert and able to help others - remember to have fun.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

I'm New here

i'm new here, my name is michael, i'm a web administrator of a website at <snip>

here to make friends and gain more information.

thanks
    Last edited by mörgæs; March 20th, 2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Removed link

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Threads merged.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Good (whatever time you are reading this) ,
    (WARNING : i am a good writer so i am bound to write a story)
    i am a college student who just recently got introduced to ubuntu and linux as a whole. As to why i am here, i used to be a complete windows fanatic hated Mac Os for locking down the operating system to a point of not being usable(think there is some irony here). but then one day my uncle brought his laptop and it did not have either mac or windows on it. it was this beautiful interface in which apps would launch from sides and it had built in email and loads of other things. it was, simply put, an amazing experience. But being a (some-what) gamer i used windows 7 and was really happy with it.
    and then came windows 8. . .
    i always had the obsession to get the latest. this however seemed more locked down than a mac and more . . . like a tablet. Games that i used to run on windows 7 were dying instantly and things just were falling apart. For example Putting a computer to sleep killed my computer, microphone translated my English language to transformer language, and i frequently got the "disk overload" error which i had never seen before in my entire life.
    things got even worse as I ordered a new laptop from lenovo called the "Y500" and it had the worst installation of windows 8.

So now i am here to learn more about this operating system in order to get comfortable with it so i can escape the the structured world of windows. ... (did i miss anyting ?)

Beans

Hi,
    Started using Linux Mint about 4 years ago when I got teed off at Windows and Mint was recommended. I enjoyed my Mint time, but decided it was time for a change. So here I am with Ubuntu now. I'm using 12.4 LTS now and really enjoying it!

Y'all have a good day

Beans

Re: Introduce yourself

Hello all,

Phil here, I live in Vietnam, born in NZ, heritage from the Pacific Islands, married to a lovely woman from Hong Kong working in Papua New Guinea. Yes... I'm a bit confused about who I am too.

I was first drawn to Ubunto because I could access free CNC software for my micro workshop. I've now converted just about everything to Ubunto, including my brother.

I'm still very much a novice and I really like this forum...

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Welcome all

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi everybody. I'm Tito. I can't remember when I installed linux for the first time (I believe back in 2009, Ubuntu 9.04). I have been dabbling with linux since then.
    I tried mostly Debian and Ubuntu, and my preferred desktop enviroment is kde, looking like gnome 2. Currently I'm using dual boot, because I need a
    couple of windows programs to work, but I hope to find alternatives in the near future.

Best regards!
    One vision, one purpose.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by El Tito View Post
    Hi everybody. I'm Tito. I can't remember when I installed linux for the first time (I believe back in 2009, Ubuntu 9.04). I have been dabbling with linux since then.
    I tried mostly Debian and Ubuntu, and my preferred desktop enviroment is kde, looking like gnome 2. Currently I'm using dual boot, because I need a
    couple of windows programs to work, but I hope to find alternatives in the near future.

Best regards!
    Hi Tito,

A big welcome to you, although I see you have already been around for quite a while.

Many here dual boot as you are - also as you are, are waiting for alternatives.

I trust you continue to enjoy your time with linux and on the forums - best wishes to you.

Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Hundreds? Make that thousands:

Members
    Active Members

But most of them are friendly.
    All of them are friendly