Page 193 of 266 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2653

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone

My name's Fran and I'm a 24 year old guy from Barcelona. I've been using Linux since I was a teenager but, for work and study reasons, eventually switched to OS X the moment I bought a MacBook Pro almost three years ago. Luckily for me, I missed the feeling of being part of the Open Source community so here I am, switching back from the closed-minded word of Apple (in terms of software development, no intention to flame here) to the free/libre world of Ubuntu and GNU/Linux.

It has been a while since I played with those Debian, Slackware, Gentoo and Arch distros and bearing into mind that Apple hardware is sadly not so well supported on real free software I'm giving a shot to Ubuntu, with which I had my own perks and headaches inside the GNU/Linux panorama these past years.

I've planned a personal roadmap in order to catch up with the community and review my skills, so I'll be posting my experiences on how to make everything on my MacBook Pro 5,5 work like a charm. I've already read lots of good documentantion, but I'm willing to sum up everything specific to my model in order to learn better how my system works and, who knows, maybe help others!

So I'm not extending myself no more. I'm happy to be here and willing to share bits and bytes of good advice and help!

Cheers!

BlinkinCat is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by guerrerofran View Post
    Hello everyone

My name's Fran and I'm a 24 year old guy from Barcelona. I've been using Linux since I was a teenager but, for work and study reasons, eventually switched to OS X the moment I bought a MacBook Pro almost three years ago. Luckily for me, I missed the feeling of being part of the Open Source community so here I am, switching back from the closed-minded word of Apple (in terms of software development, no intention to flame here) to the free/libre world of Ubuntu and GNU/Linux.

It has been a while since I played with those Debian, Slackware, Gentoo and Arch distros and bearing into mind that Apple hardware is sadly not so well supported on real free software I'm giving a shot to Ubuntu, with which I had my own perks and headaches inside the GNU/Linux panorama these past years.

I've planned a personal roadmap in order to catch up with the community and review my skills, so I'll be posting my experiences on how to make everything on my MacBook Pro 5,5 work like a charm. I've already read lots of good documentantion, but I'm willing to sum up everything specific to my model in order to learn better how my system works and, who knows, maybe help others!

So I'm not extending myself no more. I'm happy to be here and willing to share bits and bytes of good advice and help!

Cheers!
    Hi and a very big welcome to you Fran from all in the Forums,

With your experience you will be a very big assest to all here.

Have a good look around and get involved with questions and answers when you are ready.

It's not all work 'tho - many get involved with expressing their views in the Cafe.

Fran, make sure you are having fun during your stay with us.

Cheers -

Beans

Yo, new here.

Runninh Ubuntu Studio with the Xfce interface. Love it, love Linux, Love Ubuntu, Love Android, Dislike OS X, but actually really like Windows 8 and Microsoft.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis310 View Post
    Yo, new here.

Runninh Ubuntu Studio with the Xfce interface. Love it, love Linux, Love Ubuntu, Love Android, Dislike OS X, but actually really like Windows 8 and Microsoft.
    Hi Curtis310,

A very big welcome to you from all here,

Good to see you like Ubuntu Studio -

You will find several pages devoted to it in the NewDocs link in my signature -

No reason that you should not enjoy Windows as well - Many here do!

Have a good look around and most of all enjoy yourself,

Cheers -

Moose is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Blinkin I am very happy to see another Aussie too! And yes, that was "brief" in my view. I tend to go overboard when it comes to writing things. Whenever I have an essay I go well over the minimum and sometimes do thousands of words more than necessary. I spend too much time on the computer. -.-

And yes, I will gladly help anyone that needs it. ^.^

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

What's good ya'll,
    been a fan of Ubuntu for a while yet i'm still quite noobish. My last bout of curiousity still has its effects on my comp..

maybe it's shoddy of me but if you have a free moment and enjoy new music, particularly hip hop i dare say..
    then visit www.youtube.com/bushkillmusic
    let me know what you think. yea, yea it's probably not for you.
    I make all the instrumentals and write all those lyrics, etc.. Ubuntu needs more compatibility with music software/hardware!
    alright well peace out and thanks ubuntu staff!

Beans

Hey, just checking in.

Glad to be joining the community

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    ... I am very happy to see another Aussie too!
    There's a few of us around. Enjoy the forums and the learning curve.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bushkill View Post
    What's good ya'll,
    been a fan of Ubuntu for a while yet i'm still quite noobish. My last bout of curiousity still has its effects on my comp..

maybe it's shoddy of me but if you have a free moment and enjoy new music, particularly hip hop i dare say..
    then visit www.youtube.com/bushkillmusic
    let me know what you think. yea, yea it's probably not for you.
    I make all the instrumentals and write all those lyrics, etc.. Ubuntu needs more compatibility with music software/hardware!
    alright well peace out and thanks ubuntu staff!
    Hi bushkill,

A very big welcome to you,

I'm afraid you are right - your music is not quite my style - but don't let that put you off - there are hundreds of members here who are as young as you and will have similar tastes in music.

Have a good look around and get involved - we are one big happy family here.

Quote Originally Posted by gene dan View Post
    Hey, just checking in.

Glad to be joining the community
    And gene dan, we are very pleased you are joining the community.

A very big welcome to you from all in the Forums.

May your stay with us be a very happy one!

Cheers -

Beans

Hellow everyone!!!Stephen Djaja! Indonesia!

hello everyone! I'm Stephen Djaja Newbie Here! I'm from Indonesia!
    I am hoping this forum would help me achieve my goals while I try help others achieve their goals.

Good Day
    Stephen Djaja

Page 193 of 266 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast