Page 188 of 389 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Just realised I did not introduce myself here.

I am new to Ubuntu (and Linux for that matter), but was sensitised by a friend for a long time to open source and ubuntu before to finally give it a try. I am an applied social scientist, and as such already use Latex and R on a very extensive basis, so it was high time to go all the way and switch to Linux!

I absolutely love it, and so far did not have any major difficulty transitioning from windows 7. I am having fun trying different DEs and tweaking all sort of options and new programmes; and with Steam now on Linux, I can even take nice breaks playing cool games!

I am a software guy, and I know very little of hardware, so you'll most likely come across me asking all kind of weird questions in this very helpful and nice forum!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by War Tribe View Post
    Hey folks!! My name is Boudi, WarTribe by username. I'm an avid user of Ubuntu and I've used it for over 4 years now as my stand alone OS. I love it.

I'm a poet/writer/musician and promoter of books of my fellow writers and musicians. I'm 38 years old. I live here in Tennessee but I'm a "yankee," according to the locals because I don't talk like them even though I was born and grew up here and lived here until I was 21 when I moved to Indiana. But now I'm back. I have an associate's degree in a field that I don't care about anymore and I decided I was going to pursue my true passion and that's to write.

If you need more, message me. I'll talk to you.
    Hi War Tribe,

It seems that you are one interesting character - Been around for quite a while too I see, one more bean and you can adjust your system and avatar. Welcome -

Quote Originally Posted by beatmech View Post
    Salam.

i am a noob to Ubuntu. i've once tried Feisty Fawn before, but still crawled back to windows a couple of months later. Since then have been tried some of the beginner-wise, popular distro such as suse and recently tried Linux Mint. but still, need to craw back to Windows, due to works and stuff... [danm you windows]

As time changes, yes currently i'm very eager to return to ubuntu, mostly due to ubuntu's vision of unified (not tried unity yet, no pun intended... ) OS of phones, desktop, tablet and TV. Well, mostly coz of Ubuntu for Android. I owned a GNex and can't wait to install the new mobile OS. (eat that Windows Phone).

So, to all gurus and sifus out there, please enlighten the way (or the proper thread to hang out to) for Ubuntu mobile. Hope within this week, there are numerous threads to surf for.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu,

ps : you know it, it's time for Quantal Quetza.
    Hi beatmech, You'll find plenty of fans of the mobile around here

Go all out with any questions you may have -

Quote Originally Posted by samsom63 View Post
    Just realised I did not introduce myself here.

I am new to Ubuntu (and Linux for that matter), but was sensitised by a friend for a long time to open source and ubuntu before to finally give it a try. I am an applied social scientist, and as such already use Latex and R on a very extensive basis, so it was high time to go all the way and switch to Linux!

I absolutely love it, and so far did not have any major difficulty transitioning from windows 7. I am having fun trying different DEs and tweaking all sort of options and new programmes; and with Steam now on Linux, I can even take nice breaks playing cool games!

I am a software guy, and I know very little of hardware, so you'll most likely come across me asking all kind of weird questions in this very helpful and nice forum!
    Hi samsom63 - good to see that you have been getting a number of posts in.

A huge welcome to all three of you - it appears you represent an interesting trio.

I'm sure you each will fit into the Forums very well - drop by the Cafe for a natter.

I say this until I am blue in the face, but here I go saying it again - If you find any of the links in my signature of interest, Bookmark them.

And above all, have fun guys -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello hello everyone! Relatively new to Ubuntu (been using on my laptop for 6 months). I love that it's infinitely more transparent than Windows so you can really see what's going on in OS. The command line is also useful with programming and such.

Anyway, hopefully I'll learn enough about Ubuntu to be able to help others soon!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by denjay View Post
    Hello hello everyone! Relatively new to Ubuntu (been using on my laptop for 6 months). I love that it's infinitely more transparent than Windows so you can really see what's going on in OS. The command line is also useful with programming and such.

Anyway, hopefully I'll learn enough about Ubuntu to be able to help others soon!
    Hi denjay,

A very big welcome to you from all in the Forums,

I trust that you will find your time here enjoyable - we are a friendly bunch.

I'm sure it won't be long before you're assisting by helping others. If you find the links in my signature helpful, by all means Bookmark them. I have a particular favorite there but I'm not telling which one -

As I have told others recently, most of all have fun -

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkinCat View Post
    Hi War Tribe,

It seems that you are one interesting character - Been around for quite a while too I see, one more bean and you can adjust your system and avatar. Welcome -

Hi beatmech, You'll find plenty of fans of the mobile around here

Go all out with any questions you may have -

Hi samsom63 - good to see that you have been getting a number of posts in.

A huge welcome to all three of you - it appears you represent an interesting trio.

I'm sure you each will fit into the Forums very well - drop by the Cafe for a natter.

I say this until I am blue in the face, but here I go saying it again - If you find any of the links in my signature of interest, Bookmark them.

And above all, have fun guys -
    Thanks Will have a look at the links!

Beans

Hi everyone,
    Just new to the forum and I hope I can learn a lot here from this great community! Ubuntu rules!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by tonypatrickoreilly View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Just new to the forum and I hope I can learn a lot here from this great community! Ubuntu rules!
    Hi Tony (hope that's right)

You're certainly correct about the ruling part.

You'll learn plenty here, particularly if you ask a lot of questions.

All of the community extend a big welcome to you, I trust your time here will be helpful for you. But it's not all work - have a look around the Cafe.

If any of the links in my signature are of interest to you Bookmark them.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi everyone :

new user to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I am loving the experience so far coming from Windows 7. I always wanted to use Linux and so far I am loving it. Have encountered a few issues but always someone in these forums has been kind to reply with an answer. I first tried to install Mint, but settled on Ubuntu and now I am running Gnome 3 desktop, the Unity desktop is fine, but I like this one better.

I am learning about commands, Linux, the terminal, etc at a good pace. There is so much to learn but worth it

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by send2 View Post
    Hi everyone :

new user to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I am loving the experience so far coming from Windows 7. I always wanted to use Linux and so far I am loving it. Have encountered a few issues but always someone in these forums has been kind to reply with an answer. I first tried to install Mint, but settled on Ubuntu and now I am running Gnome 3 desktop, the Unity desktop is fine, but I like this one better.

I am learning about commands, Linux, the terminal, etc at a good pace. There is so much to learn but worth it
    A very big welcome to you send2 from all in the Forums,

I am so pleased that you are having a positive experience -

No doubt you have now had a good look around and are getting into asking questions when you don't know something.

Most all send2 have fun in your stay in the Forums,

There are three links in my signature which you should find useful.

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkinCat View Post
    A very big welcome to you send2 from all in the Forums,

I am so pleased that you are having a positive experience -

No doubt you have now had a good look around and are getting into asking questions when you don't know something.

Most all send2 have fun in your stay in the Forums,

There are three links in my signature which you should find useful.

Cheers -
    Thank you BlinkinCat I will check the links you posted and thanks for the welcome

Page 188 of 389 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast