Page 174 of 389 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

I totally love Linux and use it on a daily basis. I have learned a lot from the forums here and encourage others all the time to search here. great site great OS.

Beans

Hiya :D newbie

Hiya all
    im fairly new to linux , tho not new to pc's . Ive been playin/tinkerin with pc's since ms dos , ive always had a leanin towards linux , but hav never taken the plunge . i played with red hat when it woz free , then booted ubuntu in on a disc , but never th einstall . ive recently installed windows 8 , quite a learnin curve , tho i quite like it , i also hate bein part of the machine , n want freedom , so here i am , about to plunge myself in linux , downloaded n burnt , deletin stuff off a hdd to create space for my linux world . will need loadsda help , i presume its in abundance in this forum !? be lucky !!

Filip II Guest

Hello Ubuntu Forums!
    I am a new linux user (installed it 2 days ago) and loving it so far. I joined this forum to learn new stuff and smooth up my Ubuntu experience. Have a great one!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hi everyone! very new to Linux, just installed it yesterday! liking it so far, i have so much to read and learn I am just starting to get to now Linux, have been reading manuals, forums, etc to learn...

Beans

Welcome, new members! You'll get plenty of help here, as I've found over the past two weeks.

Beans

Hi everyone.
    I am Alison Jones. Nice to meet all you in forum. Good luck. Let's feel free to share anything with me. Thank a lot

Beans

My name is Aleksander, but my father calls me Olusz, which is the short form of the short form of Aleksander. I am Polish and I live and work Białystok in the Podlaski region of Poland.

Wszystkiego najlepszego w Nowym Roku!
    Happy New Year to you all!

Olusz

Beans

Greetings! I'm Rick and I totally fell in love with Ubuntu during a demo at my local computer shop. For years I heard about “That ow some” os called Linux, but never had a chance to see it and much less try it. I used several flavors of Unix back in the 80's (hint of oldfart) and I would have killed for a chance to have anything like Linux at home. I hope to learn a great deal from all of ya!

Beans
    Hidden!

Welcome to all

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Not a new member. But the last time I logged on was May 21, 2007. I apparently joined in 2005. I had to recover my account name, because I couldn't remember it.
    I have been a MS user forever, and an MCSE since 2000. I've made my living supporting systems, on various OS's, but MS primarily.
    I've played with Linux over the years, but I think I've switched for good. I installed Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago. I tried to like it. I just can't. It's a slap in the face to long time users that they are forced to adopt this new style. I can't imagine supporting a large desktop migration to Windows 8.
    ( I previously supported desktops in a 65000 user enterprise.)
    So, for the holidays, I wiped Windows 8, and installed Ubuntu 12.10. I had a couple of VM's running in Hyper-V on the Win8 box, and had a Win7 VM that I use only for banking, fortunately in Virtualbox.
    I installed Virtualbox, setup my Win7 VM, then built an Ubuntu server VM and installed some "secret software" on that box.
    I installed the Steam Beta (not that I play games much, but just to see) and spent some time finding where everything is. Gnome is the last desktop I remember...
    Anyway, I intend to stay this time.
    Already have a few issues, like X locking up, but I'm sure it will work out....
    Last edited by a50sn95; December 28th, 2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: questionable content....

Page 174 of 389 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast