Page 152 of 389 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Wink Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello everyone!
    I have finally registered on the forums. I'm 15 years old and my native language is German. I have been using and loving Ubuntu since 10.04 Lucid. I switched to Ubuntu because I was tired of Windows and wanted to try something new. Mac wasn't an option, because I didn't/couldn't spend hundreds of Euros on a new computer.
    I just can't describe the happiness I felt when I managed to boot from the LiveCD and saw the mouse pointer coming up… and moving!
    After installing and getting used to my new OS I really read a lot about Ubuntu, Linux, free software, the shell… There was a short time in which I even tested ArchLinux but eventually went back to Ubuntu, just because it's… easier.
    Now, over 2 years later, I still love Ubuntu like if it was the first day. I really learnt a lot in this time, even a bit of Python. It's cool to look back (as far as you can "look back" at four releases) and see how Ubuntu and the desktop environments have evolved and changed.

So, with my first post, I don't only want to say "Hello" to this community but also say a big "Thank you!" to the community, all the developers, bloggers and awesome people who made Ubuntu become the OS it is today!

- Viktor

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Welcome to the forums everyone! Remember, mark your threads as solved and don't bring back old threads.
    CrunchBang Linux
    Plz no tpe lik dis or no anser!!
    The search tool can be found in the upper right corner of your screen, please use it to your advantage, especially before asking questions.

Beans

HI I'm Squishy.
    I've been registered on here for over a year and completely forgot i was even on here as i gave up on Linux and just decided to tough it out with windows.

Well not anymore, after my recent bout of head meeting desk and foot meeting tower on account of windows and it's pointlessness i present to you this: My last post on any forum i ever make with a windows OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

welcome to UbuntuForums
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans

Thanks For these warm welcome i am pleased to be here with such responsive mates.
    I am Happy to be on this forum.

Beans

Hello everyone,
    I'm Seth, I began my Linux obsession on Linpus Lite for the Acer Aspire Netbook. I don't know a great deal about Linux, but I'm a touch handy with PHP and MYSQL (when I can be bothered that is...) Since Linpus, I moved onto Kubuntu, and I've been using it for about a year now. I love the GUI and the simplicity that comes with the Muon Package Manager.
    For extra credit, I'd also like to add that after ten years of considering it, I've finally gotten round to learning C Programming. I chose to learn C rather than C++ purely for the printf() function, which probably says a lot about the kind of person I am.
    While I would like to discuss the problems I'm having with C Programming and development, I don't think the Introductions thread would be the way to go about it, so now after taking between thirty and fifty seconds of your time, I shall graciously sidestep and let another n00b take the spotlight.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello everyone.

I'm new to linux and am interested in diving into open-source software development. I'm still pretty new to programming. I've been introduced to a few programming languages and have made a few "hello, world!" programs, but haven't done anything very advanced yet. I've had a tough time really getting into it. I'm looking to learn anything and everything I can about programming and open-source development.

Beans

Hi its me peryang, I hope to have an enjoyable discussions here

Beans

Hello everyone! I'm glad to be part of the Ubuntu community, as I'm currently using Lubuntu on my very slow netbook, and it seems to have resurrected my netbook back to normal. Once I get a much more powerful laptop, I'll be happy to install Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome to the forums!

Page 152 of 389 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast