Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Smile I love Ubuntu

At last installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.....

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi there!

First post here, but I've been in the Linux world for a while and checked this forum for vital help many times! Currently trying to manage a blog about Linux and science to keep myself busy for the coming summer (which will be the last free summer as I just finished my studies)!

If you are interested in my blog just add a .com to my username.

Otherwise, keep on developing!

Giulio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Merged.

Welcome

Beans

Hi everyone, I'm french IT student. I've been using Ubuntu for 4 years on my personnal laptop.
    I don't think I've much more to say!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hello everyone, i'm Afixane! And i use linux since i was 8

Beans

Hello Ubuntu Forum!

I haven't used linux since 2009 (Fedora 8 / 9) when I was in a Web Programming class and figured it's about time to get back into it.

I have my A+ which isn't anything to brag about but it is something, I dabbled in PHP 5 in 2009 and I'm starting to learn C & C++ just for myself.

I hope to get some information about this dynamic OS and where it may be headed in the years to come.

Cheers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome everyone.

Beans

Talking Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

New to this, just installed Lubuntu 12.04 after a few tries of various levels of ubuntu, in an old Compaq Presario 2188CL. Wow! As I'm learning this (linux, ubuntu, open source things) I see my old laptop has new life!

Okay folks, I'm ready to learn!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome to the forums Boardwax680
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello, folks. I have been running linux in the form of either Ubuntu 10.04, or Linux Mint 11 for the past 24 months, and I can't tell you how much help you have all been. It is refreshing to find a place where flaming and inappropriate posting is not only well moderated, but self-moderated. It is paramount to have an honest, helpful community when you are modifying something that you obviously care enough about to seek answers for.

I have found many solutions in various forms, from getting my Xbox to run Live through two different laptop eth0 ports, to solving wireless and display driver issues, and I was even lucky enough to have someone point out to me yesterday that I had encrypted my /home/ directory on my old HDD. That particular problem was worrisome because all my pictures since June of 2010 where on that drive! Silly me, I forgot all about that setting I had checked on install of Mint. On top of that, I got my answer within about 10 minutes of posting a new thread.

That was the catalyst that drove me to sign up, as I dive deeper down the rabbit hole and attempt various modifications and tweaks to the system, and wishfully attempt to teach myself Python, with no prior programming knowledge. I use forums very extensively, and have been very active over the years at XDA-Developers, as I have released many Swype themes for Android. I can't wait to contribute when I have learned enough to be helpful myself!

Page 144 of 389 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast