Page 139 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hola fellow Ubuntu fans.

I've used this OS on and off over the years and the ONLY thing holding me back from going full time Ubuntu is this screencasting issue.

For what I do for a living, I need to create Camtasia recordings fairly often and I've yet to find a way to create screencasts from this platform. If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be awesome.

At one point a friend of mine setup some virtualization on my install of 11.1 but was unable to successfully run Camtasia within that environment.

I need to upgrade to the latest OS and give it another whirl.

Anyways, greets from the Central Coast of California...hope everyone is having an awesome week.

Sean

Beans

Hello,

I'm quite new to Ubuntu so here. I've been roaming around here, so I think I should introduce myself to Ubuntu community who had help me a lot.

My name is Ray, I've been using Ubuntu 11.10 since December last year.
    I'm from Indonesia, currently studying, using Ubuntu for all my campus work and research task. I can say it's amazing.

Well, I hope everybody here could teach me a thing or two. I'm not an adept Ubuntu user yet. I would be glad to dive myself further into the world of Ubuntu.

Nice to meet you all!

Beans

hello guys
    My name is Mohsen and I`m living in New york.I`m sixteen and I study in high school.
    My first experience with ubuntu was 10.10 and i think i`m been using it for almost 2 years.
    for a while i migrate Mint 12 but as soon as ubuntu 12.04 released i returned back to it.

Beans

Hi, everyone
    I'm newbie on this one of the best technical community forum.
    I feeling better to join this.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Buenas soy Guillermo de Uruguay - Latino América.

Bueno hace más de 3 años que uso Ubuntu, es un gran sistema operativo. He probado varias versiones, la 9.10 32bits, 10.04 32 y 64 bits y la 11.04 y 11.10 64bit. Luego volví a la versión 10.04 32 bit, debo decir que es mi favorita.
    Y bueno mis agradecimientos para la gente que se preocupa por darnos la posibilidad de tener un sistema operativo tan excelente y gratis.

SALUDOS

Beans

That's very interesting, Guillermo. Even though I don't know a word in Spanish, I have understood your message perfectly. You're a guitarist, right?

Anyway, hello there. Since my real name is probably unspellable for most of you, I shall be using a nickname here. It's slavssn. I live in Poland, I'm 21... well, I am from Poland is what I should've written, since life is a mystery totally unheard-of to me. As for my Linux experience, I've been using various distros for 4-5 years now and am still a newbie. CrunchBang and (L)ubuntu are my favourites.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome!

Beans

Hi, I'm one of those idiots who never notices the sticky posts up top and always start a new thread. You may smack me now. Ok, so I'm new to the community, a current Mac owner and hope one day to leave Apple behind completely. I like to compose and record music (the only reason i still use OS X now), and am really impressed with where Ubuntu is going, UX-wise.

Good work, and looking forward to one day being able to help as part of the community!

Crystal

Beans

Hi Ubuntu supporters. Thanks for your help, and for the patient and friendly appoach.

I'm a perpetual noob who won't be much help to anyone here. Tinkering with the inner workings of computer operating systems is not my hobby. For most of the past 10 years I have used Linux distros that just work. There has been no need to develop expertise. However, I won't let ignorance stand in the way of occasionally stating my opinion.

Friends and neighbors consider me a computer guy because I occasionally rescue data from a Win$ system that stops working. But you people here will recognize the truth.

I think that you can respect someone even when you don't agree with everything that he or she says, and it's clear that I'm not the only one here who thinks that way. So I hope to stick around for a few years.

MOST ADMIRED FOSS PEOPLE:

Tier 1 - Torvalds

Tier 2 - Klaus Knopper, Bill Reynolds (PCLOS), Mark Shuttelworth, Richard Stallman, Warren Woodford (Mepis),

Tier 3 - Caitlyn Martin, Carla Schroder, Steven Vaughan-Nichols, Forum Moderators

Special Recognition
    - Michael Larabel, who provides objective data for honest discussions about performance
    - Jon Danzig, the founder of Libranet (deceased)
    - Alan Cox, who, in addition to everything else, pretty much wrote the AberMUD codebase for text-based roleplayers!

WHAT LINUX NEEDS MOST:

Women.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Hey everyone!

I'm lurking in IRC all day long, I figured I'd get active in these forums!

I'm a 29 year old Linux Support Analyst from the Metro Detroit, MI USA area. My experience with Ubuntu, or Linux in general started only a few short months ago in February 2012 when I started my job as a Support Analyst. Now I'm intoxicated by Ubuntu!

I pursue web development and learning programming and networking in my spare time. I also have 4 kids.

Page 139 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast