Page 123 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2807

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Smile Re: The Off Topic Game

new here. just looking around, reading tips and tricks about ubuntu. I have been very open in using the OS, but there are some stuff i need to get myself familiarized with.

cheers everyone!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: The Off Topic Game

There is definitely a learning curve but I think the more you dive in the better your experience will be. I look at where I am on day 60 compared to where I was on day 1 and it is definitely night and day. Personally I am glad that I made the switch from Windows to Linux and to be honest....I'd do it the same way every time.

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi guys, it's Prince here, yes, my name is infact Prince. I've been a ubuntu user for 2 weeks now and have been on this forum for a day or so I made the switch basically because ubuntu, as suggested by many of my peeps, was the friendly version of Linux and I was looking into a career of Network Security, hopefully on Linux. I hope i'm helped here and i'll definitely help in return as much as I can being a newbie, that is

Yup, that's just about it. Have a good day y'all!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Howdy. I'm Max... I joined about a year ago, though I don't think I ever found this thread, lol.

Got hooked on Ubuntu immediately, have tried most variants (X,K,Mint...) since 10.10, currently all over Xubuntu 11.10.

I guess I just think it's really cool that all this stuff's out there... Thanx!

Beans

Hi, have used Ubuntu before but only basically. I have a laptop for my Daughter for Internet. I'm a computer tech who mainly works with Windows. Bit bored so I assembled a spare PC out of parts and Installed Ubuntu 11.10 on, this time I want to start learning a bit more so I can offer it to others as an alternative to Windows.

Looking forward to visiting regularly

Martin.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Long time lurker, finally joined. Never used Linux before I got this really old but really fast computer with Xubuntu 10.04 on it. Wow. So I've lurked long enough to have a little better idea of what to ask and where to ask it, and hopefully how to ask my questions when I have any.

I even got really brave and experimented a little with stuff I've learned just lurking here. Never imagined I'd be "geeky enough" (?) to play with Linux! But I'm not geeky enough to tinker that much. I think I'll be sticking to the LTS releases on this old machine for as long as they work. Hopefully the new LTS version of Xubuntu or Lubuntu won't outrun this old hardware.

Just say'n hi.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome to the forums!

Beans

Hi. Joined few days ago. I turned to linux to be able to use biosoftware. I am pediatrician, oncohematologist. Science fields microbiology and molecular biology.
    I'm so exited. Learned a lot and will be learning a lot more.

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

I'm in the early stages of taking the plunge into the world of Linux. I have dabbled a bit in the past, but never took (or had) the time to get all the way around the learning curve. I'm now retired, and after seeing Windows 8, I decided that was is the time to take the plunge.

I started out on Datapoint systems in the 70s, was a VAX SysMgr from the 80s into the 90s, and then a Windows Sys Admin until retirement. Hopefully the large on-line community and the seemingly endless links to Ubuntu topics will make the transition from Windows relatively painless. Two days in and I've got most fundamental things operational (remote desktop, read//write on Windows shares, etc.) . My first major goal is to migrate home theater to Ubuntu, and ultimately switch my entire home network.

I'm off to the "Absolute Beginners Talk" to see what I can glean there, and hopefully avoid posting too many redundant help requests.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by mashavecher View Post
    Hi. Joined few days ago. I turned to linux to be able to use biosoftware. I am pediatrician, oncohematologist. Science fields microbiology and molecular biology.
    I'm so exited. Learned a lot and will be learning a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanDeaux View Post
    I'm in the early stages of taking the plunge into the world of Linux. I have dabbled a bit in the past, but never took (or had) the time to get all the way around the learning curve. I'm now retired, and after seeing Windows 8, I decided that was is the time to take the plunge.

I started out on Datapoint systems in the 70s, was a VAX SysMgr from the 80s into the 90s, and then a Windows Sys Admin until retirement. Hopefully the large on-line community and the seemingly endless links to Ubuntu topics will make the transition from Windows relatively painless. Two days in and I've got most fundamental things operational (remote desktop, read//write on Windows shares, etc.) . My first major goal is to migrate home theater to Ubuntu, and ultimately switch my entire home network.

I'm off to the "Absolute Beginners Talk" to see what I can glean there, and hopefully avoid posting too many redundant help requests.
    Welcome to the forums!

Page 123 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast