Page 120 of 319 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3186

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol (HTCPCP/1.0)
    Error 418 I'm a teapot

Any attempt to brew coffee with a teapot should result in the error code "418 I'm a teapot". The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.
    New to the forums. Not entirely new to Ubuntu (Played with Jaunty Jackalope on up to Natty Narwhale on old laptop; more of a hobby at the time).

So ... yeah.

Beans

First post of me on this forum should go here me thinks .

I first used Ubuntu on my laptop, installed it some months ago. I read some articles on the internet, and after the failure-so-much of Windows, I decided to switch.

It was hard in the beginning, working with Ubuntu, but soon I saw it worked much better as Windows when you get the hang of it. Now installed Ubuntu on my desktop as a permanent OS, removing Windows 7 and completely converting myself to Linux .

The only downside I can see of Ubuntu is the lack of supporting games, although Wine is doing a good job as an emulator.

Welcome to the forums

Beans

Hello everyone I am an apprentice here. I started using ubuntu a month ago and I love it. so far I have install ubuntu to five people and continue to gather people to understand it. It is fun and knowledgeable. So far they ask me questions and I come back and ask you the same questions. I am growing just by asking and doing it. I have a laptop which I use just to play. I have deleted the system several times and putting it back just to learn more. I have started to play with gnome and changing the system a little bit just to play and learn more. Thank you guys for being there for the people. I hope this grows bigger. My name is Frank.

Beans

Hi i am new here!!

Hello Everyone !!
    This is Amber Lewis.My age is 22 years old.My hobbies are playing online games,Cooking games and listening music.I have very friendly and sweet by nature.Mostly i like to make new friends.So i am here to find some new friends here and meet the old ones.

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Hi i am new here!!

You do realize this is not a chat room or chat forum? This is a technical support forum for the users of the Ubuntu computer operating system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I think she has gotten this confused for another social network. You're welcome but friend this is a technical support network for a distribution called Ubuntu not a social forum.

Also not a very good place for finding friends but if you have any questions regarding Ubuntu or Linux you're most welcome to ask it here we'll help you to solve it at that time you'll see lot of friends.
    Make Google your friend
    Please Mark threads as solved when they have been answered

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

merged to cafe thread - welcome to the forums

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thumbs down Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

I should have introduced myself a long time ago but instead decided to jump right into the Alpha/Beta testing of Ubuntu 7.10 ( as a lurker with a Launch Pad Account 4 Bug Reporting) and then 8.04 and 8.10 as a Registered Member of the Forums, I am a Former Microsoft Beta Tester but switched to Ubuntu after an Internet Friend of mine named Alias (in Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista.General recommended that I switch to Alpha/Beta Testing Ubuntu after Microsoft stopped inviting me to new Betas, so I decided to try out 7.04 RTW and then later 7.10 Beta/RC and then finally with 8.04 LTS some of the Alpha Mile Stone Releases. I too a brake for a while after 8.10 but now I am back again, even though I am still trying to find an alternate way to update my current 12.04 Alpha 2 Installation.
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans

Hello to everyone here. I'm new to Ubuntu, but not new to Linux. As a matter of fact, I been using Linux for more than eight years now. Until now I have been using RPM based distros (like BLAG, CentOS, RHEL, Scientific Linux) including my RHCT some years ago.

Currently I'm playing with 11.10 and I am so impressed that I'm thinking of switching all systems over to Ubuntu (including some of my friends/family) because I like packages that are current and easily updated (especially from one release to another one). Looking forward to pick up Ubuntu related things (which doesn't look to be too complicated compaired to RPM distros) and continue learning new things
    Last edited by drayson; February 16th, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Page 120 of 319 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast