Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by quirkification View Post
    Hi, my name is Adam.

"HI ADAM"

Hi, everybody, well I am here because I am a recovering windows user. I would crash a lot, lock up from time to time, and was a real pain to make my own.

But now I use Ubuntu, and I am free.

"that was real touching Adam, everyone thank Adam for sharing with the group."
    "Thanks Adam"
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Beans

Hi, everyone! I'm Matt. I'm a 27-year-old graduate student at California State University, Los Angeles, currently pursuing a Master of Science degree in Mathematics. I'm learning to use Linux and I'm really enjoying it. In my free time, I like to play video games, study math, and hang out with friends.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello everyone. My name is J.D. I am another newbie to ubuntu and linux in general. I now have 4 computers running Ubuntu. 2 laptops and 2 netbooks. I only have one of the computers in my collection configured for dual booting windows. That is only due to one program that requires it. It does not work using wine do to usb driver issues. Anyway I have been having a lot of fun with ubuntu. This forum has helped out a lot so far in my new adventures and projects. Thanks all for the great information.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi, I'm Kingrobdun. I'm a Amiga fan and a avid PC user. I have a love hate relationship with windows. I love gaming on windows, but I hate getting viruses/crashing. Today is the first day of my permanent switch to Linux, or I hope it is. There is always that "one thing" that makes me switch back to windows.
    I need a multi player fps for Linux that has a lot of players and is addictive.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hi im richard i like gaming,long walks in the park and using ubuntu for my firstish time for over 2 weeks now

Beans

Hi Everyone....

This is Atish. I am a new born baby in the world of the Ubuntu (Linux). Today morning I have installed Ubuntu in my machine for the very first time, and putted my first baby step into a whole new world (with help of some great people).

So everybody, pls. help me to identify the wole new world........

Beans

I am The Big E.

I am new at this and interested in:
    Getting Ubuntu to work right
    programming, especially Python
    desktop publishing and computer graphics

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello. I am Artemis Fowl. I registered because of how much I enjoy using Ubuntu. I have skimmed the forums for a few weeks and I like the community here. Very friendly and helpful. I believe I should tell the staff that I am eleven years old, as I have encountered various sites for 13+. If you aren't allowed to be here at my age, I ask that you ban me and make an amendment to the rules stating the age restrictions, as I failed to find any in my initial search of the rules.

Thanks for reading.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Fowl View Post
    Hello. I am Artemis Fowl. I registered because of how much I enjoy using Ubuntu. I have skimmed the forums for a few weeks and I like the community here. Very friendly and helpful. I believe I should tell the staff that I am eleven years old, as I have encountered various sites for 13+. If you aren't allowed to be here at my age, I ask that you ban me and make an amendment to the rules stating the age restrictions, as I failed to find any in my initial search of the rules.

Thanks for reading.
    Welcome, the youngest member I've seen so far was 8 years old, we try to keep the forum as family friendly as possible. So enjoy yourself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've been here for a week or so before noticing this thread, so I thought I'd say hi and tell everyone a little about myself.

I'm a recent Ubuntu convert (eX-Windows) due to Windows 7 price increase and license restrictions and because I utterly despise Apple/Mac. I'm a college freshman working in the IT department at a large American east coast university. I have a background in .NET programming and Algorithms and love to tinker around with Linux micro-distros.
    Freedom!

Page 12 of 389 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast