Thread: Mouse recommendation

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Mouse recommendation

i have been using a gm-m6800 mouse for a 2.5 years now and the left click button has suffered a mechanical failure (only mouse i ever used to fail)
    now i am using your old basic dell mouse as a backup
    does anyone use a similar mouse
    * i want a forward/back button on the side
    * i don't want that sill high speed scroll wheel
    * i don't want crazy bright ascetic leds (unless i can open the mouse and change the resistor, see next point)
    * id like to have one that i can open to clean when it gets full of cat hair without removing glued on pads
    * I like wired mouses cause i don't like batteries
    * must have a 800dpi setting
    i mainly use 800dpi, i actually altered my mouse settings to 1/2 my speed so i could use 1600dpi, but i rarely changed it
    i don't want to spend over $10 USD on it, i have been waiting on my old mouse to go on sale, but maybe i can find one i like more
    Last edited by pqwoerituytrueiwoq; 1 Day Ago at 07:02 PM. Reason: fix model # 6800 not 8600
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Mouse recommendation

I doubt this will work for you but I've been using a Logitech M705 wireless mouse for a while now and it seems perfectly functional for me.

The mouse you mention looks to be a gaming mouse and I saw it priced at around 95 dollars. The mouse I use retails at around 50 bucks.

I don't think you could get a wireless or wired mount with those specs for 10 bucks unless you get one used.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

*gm-m6800
    typed the model, lol
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by pqwoerituytrueiwoq View Post
    *gm-m6800
    typed the model, lol
    Ah ok. I'd get that one tbh, especially at that price.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Hidden!

I am using an HP 5 Button Optical Comfort Mouse which in this case is USB attached but also comes as wireless if you want, I believe.
    The extra buttons are set one on each side of the mouse and they worked as back/forward in browser and file manager with no configuration on my part. It is very accurate and smooth and I think it is absolutely worth the price I paid, which I believe was about £10 (British pounds).
    http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Pr...pt=ABB&sel=ACC
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo