Thread: When will the Edubuntu Website return?

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

When will the Edubuntu Website return?

Hello All,

I notice that EduUbuntu Website is down and has been for some time. After a quick google search I found the fallowing link that addresses most likely why it is down.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/54521...ubuntu-website

I am little bothered that some long-term users and admin on the site voted the thread closed, due to it being related to another OS? (Not for sure where they were going with that, another Flavour maybe not another OS 0_o)

I was wondering if any one has heard if their is a ETA on when the site will relaunch or if it ever will?
    Last edited by mfilacchione; 8 Hours Ago at 09:38 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: EduUbuntu Website, When will she return? :)

Support questions for Edubuntu, and all the official Ubuntu flavours, may be asked in General Help on this forum, but this isn't a technical support question, so...

Thread moved to The Cafe.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Support questions for Edubuntu, and all the official Ubuntu flavours, may be asked in General Help on this forum, but this isn't a technical support question, so...

Thread moved to The Cafe.
    Thanks I am still learning where things go on the forums!

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ibjsb4 View Post
    Yeah it appears to be, something about a security vulnerability is what I discovered at the original link I posted.
    My question is if any one has a heard of an official date or estimate (from the EduUbuntu team) on when they may relaunch the site or put something new in it's place?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: When will the Edubuntu Website return?

I also saw that AskUbuntu page when I was trying to find out why I could not access the Edubuntu site. It just goes to show that some people who think that they are clever actually do not know what they are talking about. Or perhaps they like to exercise the little authority that they have been given.

Edubuntu is Ubuntu. It is not another Linux distribution. Actually the question was answered. As far as I can make out, it was not a fault with the Edubuntu site but the underlying software that the site was running on. In a matter like this the Edubuntu developers are in the hands of the IT experts. And it is only right that they do a good job.

There is an Edubuntu irc channel but I do not think that the people on that channel will know any more that you do about the date the web site will be back up.

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/IRC/ChannelList

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; 2 Hours Ago at 03:31 AM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530