Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I am not liked in my class by a certain student for reasons beyond me

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: I am not liked in my class by a certain student for reasons beyond me

I had stuff like that happen to me when I was at school, many years ago now.

Looking back on it now, I know that it was definitely real - the sort of passive-aggressive stuff that some people like to do. They know what they can get away with and they do only that much, knowing that it's enough to have an effect.

I also know, looking back, that my reactions were a big part of what kept it going.

I've studied psychology, and I only wish I'd known then what I know now. Fortunately, these days you don't have to get a degree to find these things out - there are plenty of books available.
    BACKUPS are unsexy — until you discover you should have done one yesterday.
    Spare your nerves and do one before you upgrade or install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post

As for Judo learn some Muay Thai and Krav Maga as well.
    +1 for krav maga ^^

that's hell good self defense

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheblu View Post
    You are the only one who can control your reaction. He can't force you to strike first. If he strikes first, that doesn't force you to hit back.
    I'm 6' tall and 200 pounds. My former sensei couldn't have been much more than 5' and 120. She would throw me around the mat like nobody's business. Fighting has nothing to do with size, speed or power; it's about dedication and timing.
    yeah am 5.6 / 150 and my cousin is 6.4 and 250. he has never been able to beat me in judo practice, usually me being smaller gives me an advantage most of the time, specially on the floor.

knowledge is power. Check out sun-tzu's teachings and know thee self

you would be surprised how fragile is the human body. You're only as strong as your weakest point/link

anyway i dont promo violence in anyway, you learn martial arts specially to avoid getting bullied or having to get violent
    Last edited by madjr; April 11th, 2010 at 12:28 AM.
    When close to achieving you quit! If you don't try you failed. Real Winners are not afraid of losing.
    ubuntu newsletter ; Report Papercuts (small annoyances/bugs) ; beginners guide and video http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tNpt5RZYI

wojox is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Just ignore the individual. If they see that their little games have no effect on you, then they'll move along.

Beans

Conclusion:

I'm not going to flame you to hell but if you read my follow up (regarding race cards). To add just now: He claimed this other guy was "his brother" (Z) = fourth person who happens to be his nationality and also on good terms with me so it is xyz in the end. He brought into it that he is of certain ancestry. My second friend (classmate) happens to be part of my ancestry and part of his. I ask the moderators to lock this topic, it has ran its course. I also thank those who took part in answering my posts regardless of views. Even to the person who I am responding to now. I also thank the moderators for letting me speak freely regarding the matter here.

Quote Originally Posted by bsharp View Post
    So let's get it straight, you're furious and feel like you're being racially discriminated against because:

1. He moved your stuff and took your seat,
    2. He offered to buy someone else's lunch in front of you
    3. He shook someone else's hand
    4. He refused to look at you

I think you're taking things WAY out of proportion.* It's true, he may not like you, but wants to be friends with one of your friends. So what? There's no universal requirement that everyone you meet be your friend, or to even acknowledge you as a human being. It would be nice if things were that way, but our world is a harsh and cold place, and the sooner you learn this the better off you will be.

Another thing I have a problem with is how quickly you blame it on racial hatred. This may surprise you, but most people in the world aren't bigots. Pulling the race card for petty things like this ruins the integrity of people who are victims of actual** acts of racism.

*This is my opinion based on what information you gave in your post. There may have been other stuff I don't know about which would give a reasonable cause for your anger.

**Again, opinion is based on info in post. If there have been racial slurs, then obviously my opinion would change.

My advice: accept that this person doesn't like you and move on.

You may now flame me to hell.

I'm not going to flame
    Last edited by mickbuntu; April 11th, 2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Fix

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread closed. Good luck, and I hope something turns up soon that will help restore your good humour and your faith in the people around you.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234