Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay to use the bathroom on flights?

Beans

Pay to use the bathroom on flights?

source:

Ryanair Going Ahead With Pay-To-Potty Plan

Almost a year after announcing their plans to charge passengers for using toilets on their planes, discount airline Ryanair is finally pushing ahead with not only installing the pay potties on their jets, but cutting down the number of toilets available to passengers.

Or as the very British Daily Mail puts it: "Spending a penny on a flight will soon cost as much as a pound."

Ryanair is currently redesigning their cabins to install the pay toilets on 168 of their planes, which will cost about $1.40 per trip to the loo. Additionally, they are cutting the number of toilets on the plane to make room for extra seats.

Says a rep for Ryanair:

By charging for the toilets we are hoping to change passenger behaviour so that they use the bathroom before or after the flight... That will enable us to remove two out of three of the toilets and make way for at least six extra seats on board.
    i think if i unknowingly ever take a flight with a pay-to-pee plan, i'd offer the airline staff a choice:

i can either pee here in my seat for free, or i can pee in the bathroom for free. your choice.
    Semper Fi

My Non-Ubuntu Blog.
    All posts by me are Public Domain.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Pay to use the bathroom on flights?

Quote Originally Posted by earthpigg View Post
    source:

i think if i unknowingly ever take a flight with a pay-to-pee plan, i'd offer the airline staff a choice:

i can either pee here in my seat for free, or i can pee in the bathroom for free. your choice.
    Or pee on the bathroom countertops.

If I'm in a hurry to pee, and can't find a quarter, don't expect me to hold it till we land.
    The DRUNKS - For Your Inner Drunk

Beans

ditto- could be whole new use for the in flight barf bags... (to the flight attendtant) "...Um Miss? Could you please dispose of this for me??" (hands over a bag filled with a warm yellow liquid...)

BM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Men will just end up going in bottles under blankets... assuming that they don't forgo the bottle...

Though this does give me glee imagining semi-drunken British businessmen flying to some Mediterranean hot spot tossing around a warm, full bottle of urine between his friends -- perhaps missing and striking a stately, elderly woman with a large, straw hat on the side of the head.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Yeah this is ludicrous and won't be tolerated by fliers who have to accomplish a basic human need. I remember going to Paris a number of years ago and seeing all of these pay-to-use toilets scattered around the city. Solution for most folks? Urinating in plain view near by.

Beans

Nothing a few dookies on the floor wont fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer J. Simpson
    "Dinner is the perfect break between work, and drunk."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

When it comes to Ryanair, I don't really care if they started charging for oxygen or something... I've done one trip on their planes and it wasn't really worth the few euros I saved compared to flying on other companies.

Considering that the airports they used on both ends were further away from where I was traveling the bus tickets and extra travel time made the price difference pretty much negligible. And having to pay extra for everything, and then listen for advertisements on their lottery tickets and other stuff during the flight wasn't really worth it.

Next time I did the same trip I used another company instead, paid 10 euros more (than Ryanair's tickets plus bus tickets), got a comfortable seat, good service, free meal, and was able to carry a baggage with me without having to pay extra.

Cheap tickets don't always mean that you'd actually travel any cheaper in the end.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I suppose they'll be charging to fart next?
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    I suppose they'll be charging to fart next?
    Aren't we already paying a clean air tax?
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer J. Simpson
    "Dinner is the perfect break between work, and drunk."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I am already taking my own food with me on short haul flights, guess I'm gonna get myself the flight nappy !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast