Thread: chrome update on12th march disabled video on bbc site

Beans

chrome update on12th march disabled video on bbc site

I am on ubuntu 12.10 and update yesterday seems to have disabled the news videos on bbc news. Other videos are o.k. u tube is o.k. tv direct on bbc is o.k. My other instance of ubuntu is o.k. at present as I have not yet updated. My wifes ubuntu chrome is sti;ll o.k. but I noticed updates are waiting to be updated. Somewhere (Ican't remember where I went) I found a chrome version which was 250 1364 160 ubuntu 12.10.1 Don't know if that helps but I also have a downloaded version of chrome fromgoogle as opposed to ubuntu or canonical and that works perfectly (presumably as it has not been updated) Can you help please?

Beans

Re: chrome update on12th march disabled video on bbc site

I have since completely uninstalled chrome and cleared out any cache. Chrome now appears to work nornally and all video seems to now work. Why it was only bbc news videos that were affected I do not know. So if it ain't broke don't fix it so I will leave chrome as it is as at present it is fully working. Still puzzled as to why?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: chrome update on12th march disabled video on bbc site

I had the same update and BBC News World works fine , but that is all I use.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors