Thread: Best mouse for PanP5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Best mouse for PanP5

Hey 76ers,

Just looking for a decent mouse that will work well with PanP5 and 9.10.

Thanks, Let me know!

Laos

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Best mouse for PanP5

It's more what you're comfortable using because any mouse will work with the PanP5.

I just recently switched to a smaller Dell mouse mainly because the mouse I had been using for years started acting up.

So stick with what you like because the PanP5 will work with about anything.

Sam
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans

I agree with Samalex -- I use my PanP5 at work/school and will often just plug in any mouse that happens to be laying around. I haven't had trouble with any of them. At home, I use a Rocketfish bluetooth mouse and keyboard
    "When you dual-boot Windows, Windows exists along side of Linux. When you use VirtualBox, Windows exists at the pleasure of Linux." -- ThomasAaron @ System76

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks guys!

I'll find something nifty, maybe a bluetooth mouse

-laos

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It should be noted that on the panp5 bluetooth will need to be turned on every time you restart.

Microsoft really sucks at software, but their branded wireless mice seem to work very well.

For the panp5 I'm using a Bamboo Pen (in 9.10) which is a wacom tablet. It takes a little to get use to the fact that input is point to point. Meaning a point on the tablet represents a point on the screen. Overall though i think that this makes selecting things faster. (con being that scrolling is difficult w/out scroll wheel)

Now, i will note that the Bamboo Pen is a Pain to set up. (driver has to be compiled, i guess this would be ok if you have compiled software before) Once it is set up though everything is plug and play (up untill you decide to upgrade the kernal, in which case the driver needs to be reinstalled)
    Laptops: S76 Panp5, HP tc4400
    Other: numerous old desktops/laptops running ubuntu or puppy linux