Thread: mod bias and abuse 3 : moderate the moderators

Beans
    Hidden!

mod bias and abuse 3 : moderate the moderators

i feel that many posts are removed as offtopic when they are a lot more on topic than some other posts, all depending on who the poster is.

re: Kiwi and matthew

lots of posts about colour's and stuff.

didn't seem to be a problem, and in fact should not be. if the rules are applied equally.

i myself received a infraction for
    "rampant hostility via offtopic posts after gentle warning."

my post was about the style of moderation, in a thread with title.

Being a mod must be tough.

also this infraction was awarded by matthew. you was also posting in the same thread.

quote UFCoC

Posting and moderating in the same thread:
    This is generally discouraged. If you have participated in a discussion and later find there is a problem in the thread contact the other staff and have someone else who is uninvolved moderate. The exception would be if no one is available, you can close the thread temporarily with a post stating that it will be looked at by a non-involved staff member as soon as possible. If you aren't sure what to do, get an administrator.

my opinion is that some mods feel that the CoC entitles them to do anything they want.

if they don't personaly don't like someones post, it' seems to me it's just called offtopic.

however the CoC would say.

"Keeping an open mind:
    Sometimes you will be faced with a thread you might not agree with it's imperative you keep an open mind towards all inclusive people, and keep a neutral focus when replying. It is our duty to steer the conversations back into a positive nature without engaging in negative behavior."

another of my threads was locked.

quote cariboo907

"Re: The Toxic Mite

He came back a couple of times with different user names and was quite rude to one of the admins, thus earning himself some burnt beans. With that, this thread is closed."

sorry? why was this thread closed, is it forbidden to talk about the departed.

quote UFCoC

"Thread Closing:
    If a thread has run it's course and posts have begun repeating themes a thread may be closed - if possible, announce that the thread has run it's course before closing so that people may add closing statements - don't forget to thank all users involved in the discussion. If a thread has become a situation where people are simply too personally involved in the issue a thread may be closed and / or jailed. If a thread is a duplicate of another thread, it may be closed (please provide a link to another open thread on the same topic.) It is always a good idea to post an explanation in a thread that is closed."

quote matthew

"Re: mod bias and abuse 2

The overwhelming majority of forum members do not report seeing what you perceive to exist. It is also true that only a very tiny fraction of a percent ever receive a warning, and fewer still an infraction. I think those facts speak more than your accusations."

lots of people who take up complaints end up with burnt beans, i think this fact means many do not report what i think many people feel.

quote: kiwiNZ

"Re: Mod bias and abuse.

The Resolution Center is for correspondence between the complainant and the Forum Council only."

quote UFCoc

"13 If you feel someone has violated the Ubuntu Code of Conduct you may open a complaint with the Community Council. However, forum related issues will need to be dealt with in the forums' resolution center. The Community Council will refer all forum-specific issues back to the forums' resolution center."

these two statements seem mutually exclusive.

regards to all the mods, i know your job is not easy. but please don't let personal reasons and judgements enter into the situation.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: mod bias and abuse 3 : moderate the moderators

Are you looking for a settlement or venting out your frustration?
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    Are you looking for a settlement or venting out your frustration?
    i'm not looking for a settlement,
    your right, i'm venting my frustration.

i consider all infractions/warnings etc recived as done and dusted.

this thread is just a request for everyone to remember this rule.

Keeping an open mind:
    Sometimes you will be faced with a thread you might not agree with it's imperative you keep an open mind towards all inclusive people, and keep a neutral focus when replying. It is our duty to steer the conversations back into a positive nature without engaging in negative behavior."

regards.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Okay thanks.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |