Thread: 10.4 on Alienware mx17

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Post 10.4 on Alienware mx17

This is an attempt to collect solutions for problems encountered with 10.4 on a fairly new Alienware mx17.

Right now: The sound works (out of the box), NVidia 195.36.15 driver is generally working well (with a single graphics card), 2.6.32-19-server is running okay.

Stability: Not so great:
    • When going on/off AC adapter, there is about 30% chance that machine will hang. Not sure if it is the battery monitoring applet (in awn) but it can be really annoying when moving around with a laptop.
    • Machine boots to black screen or fails to display the login dialog about one time in four.
    • Flash (in Chrome) seems to destroy stability. I could be wrong on what the cause is but it seems that viewing a YouTube video in Flash is followed by a crash (first of Chrome, then, as it flails, the whole machine).

* Today (reason for posting) it rebooted itself when I tried to access a file on the hard drive. File is visible in file window, I double click, hard drive is accessed, and the BIOS POST test is starting on the screen.

So, if there are questions or answers, lets see them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 10.4 on Alienware mx17

Thread moved to Lucid testing forum.
    Please report any bugs to launchpad.