Thread: upgarde to lucid

Beans

upgarde to lucid

Hi Folks

I have 9.10 and thinking about upgrading to lucid (the beta1) will their be an option to upgrade from the beta to proper version if i do this?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: upgarde to lucid

Yes, you will have an upgrade path that will eventually take you to the release version.

Just remember that, if you choose to try the beta version, you will be running a test version of the OS. Expect bugs, odd issues, and lots of updates. While it is stable I would not recommend anybody trying it without having a backup plan should something really bad happen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I tried the Lucid Alpha 3 and it didn't even boot properly, so I'm waiting for the last beta to install it, but I have a separate partition for that, to avoid messing with my system. I will only install on my main partition if everything works fine.

Anyway, I would wait two more days, grab the Beta 2, install on a separate partition. Then if it works fine, you could upgrade your main system.

Keep in mind that upgrades usually render more problems that clean installations. Don't forget to disable any ppa repository before upgrading.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

On startup I get a "broken pipe" message - thats why I looking in this forum - going to do a search.
    Other bugs Fast user switcher weirds out X when you switch back to the original user - hangs on shutdown a come and go problem - one update will fix - the next update hangs on shutdown again.

All and all not bad.
    UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn
    SystemRescueCd | Dual Boot | psychocats | FAQ