Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod bias and abuse.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Mod bias and abuse.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1447568

First: I didn't "protest" the infraction.
    Second: I don't see how my point is invalid. In the past, my posts, although valid and ON TOPIC, have been deleted, because they were anti-Apple. And other (even more OFF TOPIC and MS bashing) posts were allowed to stay.

Mod abuse? I think yes.
    The DRUNKS - For Your Inner Drunk

Beans

Re: Mod bias and abuse.

The Resolution Center is for correspondence between the complainant and the Forum Council only. Your post was removed from the thread for that reason and that reason only.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Your link goes to a thread of another forum member who was appealing an infraction they received. I'm not sure what you are asking about here.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Your link goes to a thread of another forum member who was appealing an infraction they received. I'm not sure what you are asking about here.
    Matthew, my OP was regarding a post in the community cafe in response to LowSky. Both our posts were moved to the thread in the link above and later mine was deleted altogether by Kiwi.

Here is my post

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeylover
    Quote Originally Posted by [LowSky
    I got in trouble for posting this... A 2 point infraction! Don't believe me here is proof.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ
    <snip>
    Thank you KiwiNZ (who reprimanded me) for opening my eyes to my irresponsible behavior when I stated my opinion and insulted the potential buyers of this, or any of Apple's products.
    If the company Apple, Inc. is a forum member I would extend my apologizes for insulting you, also to the (current and future) forum members who bought or will purchase this device (and will probably ask other forum members why it doesn't work with Ubuntu).

All the best,

LowSky
    Oh my god. Is that for real? I know Kiwi is an Apple fan, but this is ridiculous (if true).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    The Resolution Center is for correspondence between the complainant and the Forum Council only. Your post was removed from the thread for that reason and that reason only.

Kiwi, my complaint is not regarding you deleting my post from the resolution center. Its regarding you deleting it from the original thread (the iPad one)

Beans
    Distro

I see. Two comments:

1) However the posts ended up in the RC, this place is designed to deal with one post per thread, so moving your post out would be appropriate. Whether it deserved to be its own RC thread is debatable, because it isn't entirely clear that you were seeking resolution. However it certainly didn't belong in the original CC thread. So...

2) ...since the post is here, provided by your quote, I'll go ahead and respond to it for you. You were on the borderline with your language--it wasn't fully an insult, but it wasn't polite either. Deleting the post was a kindness instead of giving you a warning or an infraction.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I see. Two comments:

1) However the posts ended up in the RC, this place is designed to deal with one post per thread, so moving your post out would be appropriate. Whether it deserved to be its own RC thread is debatable, because it isn't entirely clear that you were seeking resolution. However it certainly didn't belong in the original CC thread. So...

2) ...since the post is here, provided by your quote, I'll go ahead and respond to it for you. You were on the borderline with your language--it wasn't fully an insult, but it wasn't polite either. Deleting the post was a kindness instead of giving you a warning or an infraction.
    How was my post borderline insult, if you care to explain? I was merely expressing an honest opinion and surprise without a slightest hint of insult.

And this isn't the first time Kiwi has deleted my posts. Once I said "I hate Apple." and my post was deleted in an APPLE POST. I don't know what made that post OT, its being anti-apple, or it being non-agreeable by pro-apple mods. Please explain.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeylover View Post
    How was my post borderline insult, if you care to explain? I was merely expressing an honest opinion and surprise without a slightest hint of insult.

And this isn't the first time Kiwi has deleted my posts. Once I said "I hate Apple." and my post was deleted in an APPLE POST. I don't know what made that post OT, its being anti-apple, or it being non-agreeable by pro-apple mods. Please explain.
    You were "expressing an honest opinion" that implied someone, their actions, and therefore your presumed foundations for those actions were ridiculous. It is debatable (and therefore borderline) but most people being addressed in this manner would be insulted.

"I hate Apple" isn't any more acceptable here than "I hate" anything else. We don't encourage or support hate of any kind here, whether directed toward us or others.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

You were "expressing an honest opinion" that implied someone, their actions, and therefore your presumed foundations for those actions were ridiculous. It is debatable (and therefore borderline) but most people being addressed in this manner would be insulted.

"I hate Apple" isn't any more acceptable here than "I hate" anything else. We don't encourage or support hate of any kind here, whether directed toward us or others.
    I respect that. But funny thing is if you google for "site:ubuntuforums.org hate IE6" or "site:ubuntuforums.org hate windows", you'd see many many results. Why, just today we have a poll on the first page titled "Do You Love Linux or Hate Windows?"

I'm not pro-MS or anything, but just sayin...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeylover View Post
    I respect that. But funny thing is if you google for "site:ubuntuforums.org hate IE6" or "site:ubuntuforums.org hate windows", you'd see many many results. Why, just today we have a poll on the first page titled "Do You Love Linux or Hate Windows?"

I'm not pro-MS or anything, but just sayin...
    Click "report post" to have staff look at them, and they will be dealt with appropriately. We have an immense volume of traffic here. There is no possible way we could (or would want to) read and approve every single thread or post made. However, most have no cause for that sort of attention anyway. Most that do end up being reported, but not all of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast