Thread: Infraction protest

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Infraction protest

Quote Originally Posted by LowSky View Post
    I have co-workers swooning over this thing, and I can't see why. They keep saying "think of all the applications it could be used for" and I just say back "name 5 that can't be done on a smartphone or your PC, why carry another device?"

It really is a toy for idiots. It's an oversized PDA. A tech every said was dead since the smartphone took over. I feel that the people who want one are really just the early adopters. I don't see this thing selling well after the first year.

But I'm probably wrong as people think Apple is amazing because they make really eye catching ads about people having fun using their devices while playing indie rock music. I do see the tablet PC becoming more mainstream, but as a full fuctional computer and not as some fun device. I just think Apple is creating a very limited product for people. But hey thats what they do.

I think the products that (will) come from Microsoft and Google (or Linux in general) are going to be a bit more useful to people. Something tells me Pandora's box has been opened.

I got in trouble for posting this... A 2 point infraction! Don't believe me here is proof.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ
    Dear LowSky,

You have received an infraction at Ubuntu Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.

If you don't like something thats fine you can make you feelings known without insulting.
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums

Thank you KiwiNZ (who reprimanded me) for opening my eyes to my irresponsible behavior when I stated my opinion and insulted the potential buyers of this, or any of Apple's products.
    If the company Apple, Inc. is a forum member I would extend my apologizes for insulting you, also to the (current and future) forum members who bought or will purchase this device (and will probably ask other forum members why it doesn't work with Ubuntu).

All the best,

LowSky
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans

Re: Infraction protest

From the Code of Conduct...

" Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.

Forum Threads and Flaming:
    Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person or group). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion."

Making a statement in a post the the Apple iPad is for idiots and having regard to the above quotes from the Forum Code of Conduct is why the infraction has been issued.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Making a statement in a post the the Apple iPad is for idiots and having regard to the above quotes from the Forum Code of Conduct is why the infraction has been issued.
    I agree completely. The infraction was warranted.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Really? You got to be kidding me. I was expressing my opinion!

People make harsher statements about Apple and Microsoft in the forums constantly, and me calling the iPad a device for idiots is bad behavior?
    The original post was made in contexts of many others making fun of the product, and somehow my words are damaging to the forums rules of conduct? Now was I condescending in my reply, well that's an opinion of yours. Like sarcasm the written word doesn't convey expression very well. I should have the right to post that my conduct led to an infraction, its a warning to forum members who might call others iPad owners idiots as well.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by LowSky View Post
    The original post was made in contexts of many others making fun of the product, and somehow my words are damaging to the forums rules of conduct? Now was I condescending in my reply, well that's an opinion of yours. Like sarcasm the written word doesn't convey expression very well. I should have the right to post that my conduct led to an infraction, its a warning to forum members who might call others iPad owners idiots as well.
    And so your post here remains.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!