Thread: EncryptedHome & Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

EncryptedHome & Lucid

I can't find a clear answer to this using google so if someone has experimented with installing Lucid perhaps you can comment.

When I did a clean install of Koala I opted to set up an encrypted home directory and as a separate mount.

When I go to do a clean install of Lucid, does the installer recognise that my home partition is encrypted and set it up the same as it is with Koala (i.e. type my password to log-in, my home directory is decrypted and mounted)? Or do I need to use the long, ambiguous key that I was prompted to record when I logged in the first time?

Beans

Re: EncryptedHome & Lucid

The storehouse of Lucid-related knowledge, at least at present, is in the Lucid testing forum: Development & Programming, Lucid Lynx Testing.

If you go there, you're more likely to get a response to your questions.
    Mint 15 & 16; MS Win7 & Win8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Should be moved to LL testing Forum Mods!
    Do not PM for Support.
    Ubuntu Austria LoCo Admin
    Projects: Connary Internet Browser

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I beg to differ. I am not asking about testing. I had a SIMPLE question about whether someone in the know (i.e. someone who KNOWS) could comment on what will happen on a clean install (hence the Installation and Upgrade forum).

What is wrong with this forum when all you get is people griping because it is in the wrong forum. Are you being helpful? No. You are being pedantic. In the last six months there has been a real change in these forums. I have seen lots of newbies ask simple questions yet forum-squatters either tell them to RTFM, use Google, or post in the appropriate forum. Contributions like that are useless. When I see a question I can answer easily I answer it.

As always, if you don't have anything USEFUL to contribute please don't. I am happy with this question being in this forum. If you don't like it try answering rather than taking the same about of time to achieve nothing. Geez.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by slumbergod View Post
    I beg to differ. I am not asking about testing. I had a SIMPLE question about whether someone in the know (i.e. someone who KNOWS) could comment on what will happen on a clean install (hence the Installation and Upgrade forum).

What is wrong with this forum when all you get is people griping because it is in the wrong forum. Are you being helpful? No. You are being pedantic. In the last six months there has been a real change in these forums. I have seen lots of newbies ask simple questions yet forum-squatters either tell them to RTFM, use Google, or post in the appropriate forum. Contributions like that are useless. When I see a question I can answer easily I answer it.

As always, if you don't have anything USEFUL to contribute please don't. I am happy with this question being in this forum. If you don't like it try answering rather than taking the same about of time to achieve nothing. Geez.
    Ok them I will be helpful, It shouldn't be encrypting if you do a clean Install but not too sure if you have a /home partition Lucid may require you to encrypt the directory.
    Do not PM for Support.
    Ubuntu Austria LoCo Admin
    Projects: Connary Internet Browser

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Don't try to find questions where you cant find one:

Lucid or else, while making a fresh install, only care about formatting: so if /home still exist, and you dont want to format it (as you might), the process installation will go on.

Installer dont mind about partition properties ( ext2, ext3, ext4, encrypted, ...)