Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Things you hate about Society?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Things you hate about Society?

When people make fun of immigrants just because they can't speak English in the same hick accent, although they've spent the time to learn an entire second language, and to speak it fluently. It exhibits far more dedication and intelligence, but no, you're some crazy illegal alien coming to steal my job, they think.

It's probably time for the fat, uneducated caucasians to realize it isn't their country. America, that is. I am a caucasian, by the way, but I value knowledge, valor, and dedication above what kind of society you were born into.

We are much too selfish seeking our American dream to realized that it's escalated to something only a few people can really have.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dragos240 View Post
    People who use incorrect grammar, and punctuation. Call me a "Grammar Nazi". 23 mistakes on your part . Yes, I am that peeved by grammar. Don't be offended. It is just the way I am.
    Bugs me as well, I saw this on my Facebook news feed yesterday:

(Person) became a fan of "I Rather Have No Friends , Then Fake Ones "

I try not to be too pedantic in case the person who wrote it is perhaps brain-damaged or has some sort of disability. The chance of so many people on my Facebook news feed being mentally, um, inept, must be quite small so, this must just be pure laziness. Either that or schools don't teach spelling / grammar anymore. I'd expect a few spelling / grammar mistakes but what I see on Facebook just really surprises me.

It's always titles of groups and fan pages, you'd think it would be difficult to get a title wrong, reading my Facebook news feed depresses me a little.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@People having the grammar debate: I no longer have a MySpace and mostly hang around tech oriented forums. So I have kind of an unrealistic view of what grammar on the Internet is like. Then I went to some non-tech related forums a month ago to read up on what other people had to say about a subject I wanted to learn more about. Needless to say, I was shocked at the horrid grammar and spelling.

The way things are now, I sort of feel like an elitist when I say stuff like this. But, I don't think asking that native English speakers who don't have some sort of disability that impedes their ability to type use proper spelling and semi-competent grammar is that much to ask.

But maybe that does make me an elitist in the year 2010, although that isn't necessarily a bad thing. To say that I and a few naysayers are right and the majority of the Internet population is wrong, is kind of an elitist statement in it's self. But it doesn't make it any less true.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.5GHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 260 w/896MB DDR3 @ 655MHz
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR3 2000
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (2x fake RAID0)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

People who believe everything they hear and protect it like it is really true.

Beans
    Hidden!

Oprah

Beans
    Hidden!

What do I hate?

People who make preposterous claims, implying that they've done, and can do, no wrong. They put themselves on a pedestal and look down their nose at others, deriding their actions as sub-human behavior.

This thread makes me ill. Keep it to yourself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post
    people who hold there phone whilst using a hands free kit.

people who cant speak properly and thinkg its cool.
    depends what you mean with properly...I hate when people curse all the time..
    Last edited by lisati; April 5th, 2010 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by j360 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post
    people who hold there phone whilst using a hands free kit.

people who cant speak properly and thinkg its cool.
    depends what you mean with properly...I hate when people curse all the time..

i dont have a problem with swearing, as long as it isnt done for the hell of it.

by not speaking properly i mean the way the chavy kids speak, saying dis insted of this , I is insted of I am , etc

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dragos240 View Post
    People who use incorrect grammar, and punctuation.
    You don't need a comma there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chriswyatt View Post
    The chance of so many people on my Facebook news feed being mentally, um, inept, must be quite small so, this must just be pure laziness.
    The comma after inept needs to be removed, the one after so needs to go before it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast