Thread: Epson Stylus NX215 - Anyone get it working?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Epson Stylus NX215 - Anyone get it working?

Hi

I just got a Epson Stylus NX215 printer/scanner.

Using Unbuntu 9.10 64bit.

The default CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.4 does not have support for this printer but the new Gutenprint v5.2.5 claims to have added support for the NX215. So I downloaded the source installed the required development packages then built and installed the new Gutenprint (configure, gmake, gmake install). That all went well but when I try and print it still just spits out paper with nothing or small amounts of garbage on the page. The OS does detect the printer and automatically select the NX215 driver after the Gutenprint v5.2.5 install.

Anyone had any success with the NX215 or can spot any process I missed to get the new Gutenprint installed correctly?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Epson Stylus NX215 - Anyone get it working?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinLangman View Post
    Hi

I just got a Epson Stylus NX215 printer/scanner.

Using Unbuntu 9.10 64bit.

The default CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.4 does not have support for this printer but the new Gutenprint v5.2.5 claims to have added support for the NX215. So I downloaded the source installed the required development packages then built and installed the new Gutenprint (configure, gmake, gmake install). That all went well but when I try and print it still just spits out paper with nothing or small amounts of garbage on the page. The OS does detect the printer and automatically select the NX215 driver after the Gutenprint v5.2.5 install.

Anyone had any success with the NX215 or can spot any process I missed to get the new Gutenprint installed correctly?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Go to:

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do

Epson support for linux is, in my experience, excellent. I don't have this model, but it would appear to be fully supported for both printing and scanning.

H

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Epson Stylus NX215 - Anyone get it working?

I should have just followed the old thread's suggestions in the first place.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1353566

I followed these instructions:

http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/faq/id000608.php

The directions are a little stale (8.10 using pipelite 1.3.0) but the process does work even on 9.10-AMD64 using pipelite 1.4.0.
    Last edited by KevinLangman; April 4th, 2010 at 06:44 PM.