Thread: I need Help

Hybrid View

Beans

I need Help

I need help. I was told that Linux was a more stable computer, and I enjoyed what it stood for. But I'm not a computer programmer and I've been unable to get help for the issues that I have and I don't know what to do.

1. Dwell Click randomly stops working. I shut it down, log off it doesn't start off. Then randomly one day I start it up and it is working again.

2. Freezing. I get this error sometimes where it says it can't unpack just started happening yesterday. But the whole screen has been freezing as soon as I get up and walk away. I haven't installed anything in the past few days for this to happen, sometimes I can do ctrl+alt+f1, but other times I can't. And I don't know how to fix it, and I need to do my work so having to restart regularly has become frustrating.

And finding help has been very difficult, does anyone know what I can do. What FAQs answer this problem, what books to read, because I'm an average desktop user whose stumped. I like the potential of Linux but I don't even know how to make that happen when I am struggling with all these 'newbie' problems!

Please help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: I need Help

Hi,
    I probably can't help, but those that can help will need to know what version of Ubuntu you're running along with your basic PC/laptop specs.

Richard

Beans

To me it sounds like a very messed up installatiom or hardware faults. Couldn't be sure unless you post more details.

Beans

I know that I did update it about a week or 2 ago to the latest version of Ubuntu (9.10?), that is the only real update/installation I can recall doing. (How do I get the rest of the information that is needed?)