Thread: Deskbar-applet 2.14.0

Beans

Deskbar-applet 2.14.0

I have today backported the fresh 2.14 release of Deskbar-applet for use with Ubuntu Breezy. It works perfectly, and includes Evolution support.

(not Beagle support at this time, as it is too unstable on my computer).

TIP: For those who want to use this fresh build, I would reccommend to delete the gconf keys and the config dir from the former deskbar-installation. This is easily done by opening the GNOME search tool, and searching for "deskbar" in your HOME directory. Make sure you include "show hidden and backup files" - then delete the two directories you'll find (config-dir and gconf), and it should work.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by magnusbb; March 14th, 2006 at 12:51 PM.

Beans

Re: Deskbar-applet 2.14.0

This is cool.
    I tried it myself yesterday, and I was amazed that it just compiled on breezy, no dependency trouble!

However, I couldn't use my build due to some gconf error that was thrown on startup... Did you do anything special to make it work, or was it a plain compile? Other tips?

I can't use the attached .deb sadly; since I'm on ppc I have to make my own..

I write Kupfer, a smart, quick launcher.
    Recommended apps and tools: Vim!

Beans

Yes, thanks for noticing - I should have mentioned that you will have to delete both the config dir and the gconf dir, in order to make a new installation of deskbar work correctly. I have added some instructions to my first post now.

Beans

Hi, thanks for the backported
    No prob during installation, but when I try to add to panel I got this error :

The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIIDeskbar_Applet".
    Do you want to delete the applet from your configuration?

Please help me. Thanks you...