Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: totem-mozilla plugin volume

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

totem-mozilla plugin volume

I'm using the totem-mozilla plugin for Firefox and whenever the plugin loads the volume is always muted by default. I guess I can see the wisdom of this but I'd really like to have the volume on by default. Does anyone know how to do this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: totem-mozilla plugin volume

Same here. It is a actually a problem here: http://www.apple.com/it/findouthow/mac/#anatomy
    Totem controls are disabled and I can't raise the volume at all. Btw, I'm not going to buy a mac

Beans
    Distro

Everything sound fine with gnome-mediaplayer and gecko-mediaplayer plugins

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grandtoubab View Post
    Everything sound fine with gnome-mediaplayer and gecko-mediaplayer plugins
    I second that. I think there is probably something goofy going on with the plugin that hasn't been addressed yet. gecko-mediaplayer works as expected.

Beans

if the audio is set to mute and the totem plugin won't let you change it, that usually means there's something wrong and that it's unable to play the audio track for whatever reason.

on the other hand, i have a problem where the plugin's default volume is very low, and I have to adjust it every time a movie is loaded; sounds like the first poster on this thread has a similar problem where the default is to be muted. anyone have a fix for that?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Re: totem-mozilla plugin volume

@bgruber: Hey I have exactly the same problem but unfortunately no solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I can't even play anything with Totem, and can't use gstreamer aplications for video. It try to find plugins (codecs), but it fails thare too.

Beans

I have the same issue, video plays fine but no sound, although I can change it when I put it in fullscreen with the volume control. Sound works fine then but it doesn't stick when I load the next video. Sound is back to muted.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Milos_SD View Post
    I can't even play anything with Totem, and can't use gstreamer aplications for video. It try to find plugins (codecs), but it fails thare too.
    Make sure the repositories in apt-get are on, then reload and look for ubuntu restricted extras in synaptic.

For those of you having problems with totem in genaral load the correct codecs as suggested above and install VLC or smpolayer or any of the others mentioned in the thread, Totem has some limitations that can't be gotten past, at least by me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    Make sure the repositories in apt-get are on, then reload and look for ubuntu restricted extras in synaptic.

For those of you having problems with totem in genaral load the correct codecs as suggested above and install VLC or smpolayer or any of the others mentioned in the thread, Totem has some limitations that can't be gotten past, at least by me.
    I have all gstreamer packages installed, and ubuntu restricted extras. Problem started when I updated(recompiled) ffmpeg from svn. It was manualy compiled before too, and totem and other gstremer apps worked, now it doesn't. Maybe that is not the problem, maybe it's something else, I don't know.
    Is there a way to use mplayer to play apple trailers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast