Thread: [SOLVED] Microsoft ARC mouse

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[SOLVED] Microsoft ARC mouse

Yes... shame on me for buying this Micro$oft product.. but it just looks so freakin amazing, its very compact, and the usb transmitter is almost invisible! Im sorry =[

Anyway, although how perfect this mouse may be... as if, its microsoft.
    It seems they have tried to standardized YET ANOTHER aspect of their products... when i scroll through windows (nautilus/firefox) it seems to scroll 2 pages down on one click... this is quite the nuisance since i use my scroll ALWAYS to navigate swiftly through sites and forums...

SOLUTION:Unplug mouse and plug it back in while on Ubuntu, this problem may arise if you are dual booting Micro$oft and Ubuntu.

Is there any driver/app that can edit the scrolls length direcly? Or is it too early to know due to the unknown functions Micro$oft is sticking in their products once again.

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by CJay554; December 28th, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
    When you first dont succeed, google- google again

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Microsoft ARC mouse

I have the same problem after using the arc mouse in Windows. The only way I have been able to fix the problem is to stop using Windows , seriously the only way I have been able to solve the problem is to pull the battery from the mouse and re-insert it.

I used the mouse in Ubuntu for about two weeks before I had the problem after booting up Vista to visit a web site that I couldn't access using Ubuntu. Now that there is a 64bit java plugin, I don't need to boot into Vista any more.

Jim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The mouse works fine in Ubuntu, its just the scroll thats annoying. It scrolls about 3 pages down rather than by lines. I tried the battery thing but that didn't reset or fix anything, along with attempting to poke around the mouse's settings but nothing on scrolling available in there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

GOT IT!

Apperantly the Microsoft Arc mouse automatically saves settings based on the OS being used. In this case i used this mouse on Windows then went onto ubuntu without unplugging the mouse. The settings from Microsoft totally dismantled my scrolling, but all you have to do is unplug it, and plug it back in into the computer when on ubuntu! The Microsoft Arc(and many other models of Microsoft mice such as [tags]: Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 model 1007, Microsoft wireless optical mouse 2.0; found at: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/9200) share this same configuration method.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by CJay554 View Post
    GOT IT!

Apperantly the Microsoft Arc mouse automatically saves settings based on the OS being used. In this case i used this mouse on Windows then went onto ubuntu without unplugging the mouse. The settings from Microsoft totally dismantled my scrolling, but all you have to do is unplug it, and plug it back in into the computer when on ubuntu! The Microsoft Arc(and many other models of Microsoft mice such as [tags]: Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 model 1007, Microsoft wireless optical mouse 2.0; found at: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/9200) share this same configuration method.
    Thanks for the tip. Im going to buy it and i was wondering if there would be any issue with this amazing good-looking mouse.

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Microsoft ARC mouse

sorry to revive an old thread, but i LOVE this mouse

Beans

so we have to unplug the usb connector, and plug it back in, every time we boot into ubuntu?

Beans

this is not solved. this is a workaround at best

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

bummer. i'm about to buy this mouse too. i used it on a desktop, and i was pleasantly surprised.

Beans

Is there any chance to stop and reload the driver automatical at every login?