Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0)

Beans

Talking [SOLVED] Re: GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0)

Just a moment ago I experienced this on my friend's pc; I tried to boot the system with a usb pen with 10.04 desktop.

When I edited the boot command line (hitting e in the boot screen) and disabled quiet and splash option it ended up nagging about a fd0 while there is no Floppy drive in the system... Disabling this in the BIOS was the solution!

Beans

Re: GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0)

I'm writing this from the 10.10rc 64-bit live DVD, after trying both the 10.04 & 10.10 live CD in both 32- and 64-bit and getting this error with all four. This is the first live DVD I've tried, and like I said before, my first attempt with a CD worked until I overwrote it, so I'm wondering what would happen if I overwrote this with a different live DVD. At any rate, this is working as the first burn on this DVD+RW, so I recommend that people try the DVD if possible.

EDIT: I got the error when I suspended the machine, but it came out of suspend OK.
    Last edited by beestie; October 10th, 2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: update

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

peertje888

I have done the same as I don't have an fd0, funny it still wants to hoy 79 blocks of an uknown OS into the mix, calling its self A:! and I still have this unknown section in my MBR...BB? Al just pretend its not there an IT will just gan away. Plums 2 thier MBR @ 0SHITE is the botha man. Please prove this wrong and fix IT thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

I upgrades to 10.10 a few days ago, but the bug persists. I was hoping an upgrade would fix it...

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by wieman01 View Post
    I upgrades to 10.10 a few days ago, but the bug persists. I was hoping an upgrade would fix it...
    Can confirm that.

Beans

Oddly, ever since I installed Maverick on 10/10/10, I haven't noticed the issue.

FYI, I did a fresh install of Maverick. So maybe it's been solved. That or one of my PPAs and non-official repos fixed the issue, idk.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm getting this on my Linux Mint 9 KDE box at startup, and then it freezes:

(process:340): Glib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to unknown user id (0)

ivanovnegro is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by kooldino View Post
    I'm getting this on my Linux Mint 9 KDE box at startup, and then it freezes:
    I am using Mint 10 now (Gnome), its the same here with the message but without freezes.
    I upgraded to 10 RC with the hope to fix it but nothing, maybe because it was an upgrade and not a fresh install.

Beans

Also still getting it here on a fresh kubuntu install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

After upgrading to Maveriack, I get this error msg about 50% of boots. It causes me to have to login twice - which is really annoying. I've searched thru log files and found no indications of what causes it. It's pretty annoying that every time I upgrade Ubuntu I get new broken functionality. They really should spend more time on stability and less on re-writing the OS every 6 months, because every 6 months my system breaks again.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast