Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People with iPods... How do you manage?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Talking Re: People with iPods... How do you manage?

Quote Originally Posted by nothingspecial View Post
    Not being rude but, in that case, you are going to become a cropper in the end......because all hard disks fail in the end, even iPods. Don`t think I`m being harsh, buy an external drive and back up. You`ll be thankful. I promise
    Hehehe, thanks for your concerns I have the original CDs and the important ones are backed up on my brother's external hard disk... I'm currently broke, but I can still manage I'll soon get my own hard disk, and maybe a new laptop if things work out fine... By the way, I'll get gtkpod as soon as possible and let you know how it goes... Thank you so much for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Talking Re: People with iPods... How do you manage?

Quote Originally Posted by tareksobh View Post
    I heard about gtkpod but I never tried it because I was looking for an application to sync music files to iPod and also be able play them from the iPod because I have very little hard disk space on my computer and I prefer to keep my large music library only on the iPod and not on the computer to save space... However, I'll try it if you highly recommend it, thanks

By the way, did you face any issues with using gtkpod? I mean does the artwork sync alright? Because I once tried to sync my iPod with Rhythmbox but it messed up the artwork on the iPod by deleting some and mistakenly replacing ones with others. And does gtkpod have the ability to manage and edit all the tags like iTunes? Because many applications ignore the "Sort Album" tags which I use all the time for sorting my albums in date of release... Anyway, I'll try it up and get back here... Thank you so much for the help
    gtkpod does it for me! I can edit tags fine with it, I'm not sure about album covers because I only have a shuffle, but I know you can transfer photos to your iPod with it, so I'm assuming it handles album covers okay.

I hear a lot of iPod issues with Rhythmbox with be resolved in 10.4 and that there will be iPhone support out-of-the-box too, which is great news as my brother & his friend keep bugging me to sync their phones with their distros!
    Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence." - Robert Anton Wilson
    *Psilocybin is the one drug you have to justify not taking!*

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: People with iPods... How do you manage?

Quote Originally Posted by tareksobh View Post
    I still have Windows too... Actually, I only boot into Windows to use iTunes, SolidWorks and Photoshop. I got used to do everything else in Ubuntu... I think that it's impossible to find a substitute for SolidWorks in Ubuntu, but currently, I'm looking for substitutes for iTunes and Photoshop.
    You should give gimp a try as a replacement for Photoshop
    It's Nice How Free From the Restraints of Reality you are...

Beans

old thread but potentially useful to anyone else in the same situation:
    Rhythmbox now mostly handles ipods fine except syncing play counts & ratings - i'm yet to find a solution but am still searching.
    MP3 tagging: i'm still a fan of mp3 tag studio, which I run in WINE.

Potentially rockbox is your go-to guy for flashing ipods to a different OS which plays nice with everything, however AFAIK it's not compatible with the 6g classic. Boo!
    http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/IpodClassicPort

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dez93_2000 View Post
    old thread
    Yes it is.

Closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12