Thread: Assigning a keyboard combo to replace right click button

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Assigning a keyboard combo to replace right click button

Practically the same as the unanswered question here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...t=broken+click

I bought a cheap laptop for $80 because the right click button was broken. I figured I should be able to find a way to set the Menu key (keycode 135) to work as if it were a rightclick key.

Useful info: Iḿ running Ubuntu 9.10 with Openbox, 64-bit.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Assigning a keyboard combo to replace right click button

I can activate a right-click with a two-finger tap - tap the touchpad with two fingers at the same time. Depending on the touchpad settings, it might be a 3-finger tap on some machines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    I can activate a right-click with a two-finger tap - tap the touchpad with two fingers at the same time. Depending on the touchpad settings, it might be a 3-finger tap on some machines.
    That functions as the middle clicker (button 2) for me, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Beans

You should be able to set it up as a 3-finger tap, then. There are a couple of threads, at least, on the forums here concerning that topic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    You should be able to set it up as a 3-finger tap, then. There are a couple of threads, at least, on the forums here concerning that topic.
    Holy mess! That's incredible! Though if I could find a way to set keycode 135 to a right-clicker that would be great as well. This will do the trick for now though, thanks!

Beans

You're welcome. I use the middle click much less than the right click, so I have my touchpad set to see the two-finger tap as a right-click, and a 3-finger tap as a center click, but that's just me.