Thread: ZTE MF622 Modem Connection Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

ZTE MF622 Modem Connection Problem

I have a mobile broadband connection using a ZTE MF622 USB dongle with Karmic as my OS. The dongle works well apart from a slight annoyance, it seems to be temperamental when connecting to the internet. Sometimes, I can connect on-line at the first attempt, but more often than not, it takes several attempts with disconnecting and connecting again before I can get on-line. The connected wireless icon appears in the top panel at each attempt which suggests that I am on-line, but I cannot access any web pages or my email so I have to disconnect and try again. I dual boot with Windows XP and I can connect on-line at the first attempt every time with XP. If its any help, the output in the log file at each failed attempt states that the remote IP address could not be determined and so defaults to 10.64.64.64. Can anyone help me to resolve this?
    Last edited by Minsky; April 4th, 2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Solved

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: ZTE MF622 Modem Connection Problem

Hi

can you have a look here , read carefully

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1438828

try the replacedefaultroute or the IPCP configure-NAKs returned before starting

regards

alexfish
    Two tin cans are better than an iphone

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2067160_ma...hone.html?cr=1

Beans
    Distro

Thanks Alexfish, I'll try that for a few days and I'll let you know how I got on.

Beans
    Distro

I'm pleased to say that enabling the pcp-max-failure setting fixed the problem. I also had success with an alternative method, I normally have ping and traceroute disabled, and I found that by enabling them, my connection worked at the first attempt though I didn't test this method for a sufficient length of time to determine if it was a permanent solution. Thanks again Alexfish.