Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screensaver Not Working

Beans

Screensaver Not Working

In Applications > Settings > Screensaver, I set to activate after idle for 1 minute. The screensaver I choose shows OK & the preview works, but it never comes on.

I have loaded Gnome on this machine as well (I'm not using it) and if I switch to a Gnome session the screensaver works properly.

Beans

Re: Screensaver Not Working

It's xscreensaver that doesn't work. Switch to gnome-screensaver - it's going to become the default anyways

Cheers,
    Mattt.

Beans

When I look in Synaptic, xscreensaver is not installed & gnome-screensaver is, though I did see xscreensaver-gl & xscreensaver-data installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by tracyandskye View Post
    When I look in Synaptic, xscreensaver is not installed & gnome-screensaver is, though I did see xscreensaver-gl & xscreensaver-data installed.
    Did you get this issue resolved? I have the same issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tracyandskye View Post
    In Applications > Settings > Screensaver, I set to activate after idle for 1 minute. The screensaver I choose shows OK & the preview works, but it never comes on.

I have loaded Gnome on this machine as well (I'm not using it) and if I switch to a Gnome session the screensaver works properly.
    During the 9.10 development cycle the gnome-screensaver guys changed the API they use to detect an inactive sesssion to something that only works on gnome. We didn't get wind of this until too late, so the screensaver doesn't work for 9.10.

For 10.04, we started installing xscreensaver instead, which still works with XFCE.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by superm1 View Post
    During the 9.10 development cycle the gnome-screensaver guys changed the API they use to detect an inactive sesssion to something that only works on gnome. We didn't get wind of this until too late, so the screensaver doesn't work for 9.10.

For 10.04, we started installing xscreensaver instead, which still works with XFCE.
    Ok, so the resolution is to remove gnome-screensaver completely?

FYI, I am running the netbook edition of 10.04 and have the same issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you are running a gnome environment (such as UNE), you should continue to use gnome-screensaver generally. I think there is a different bug about it not working there though too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

So there is no screensaver possibility using mythbuntu 9.10?

Beans

Yes, my question also.

Beans

Yes, my question also. I really want to have the picture slideshow on our TV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast