Thread: Problem with webserver please help.

Beans

Problem with webserver please help.

Hey, so I just finished setting up a Ubuntu server with lamp/proftpd/phpbb3/openssh and everything works 100% in my local network.

I have a dynamic ip address and my isp blocks ports 21.25.80.110.6667.135-139.443.445.1433.1434.

I am trying to put my website online. So i went into the /etc/apache2/ports.conf and changed both the listen port and the virtualhost to 81 and the ssl port to 450. i also change it from port 80 to 81 in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default

I restarted apache.

I then tried accessing my site through my internal ip and i am able to access is through both ports 80 and 81. (the ssl port 450 doesnt work but i do not care about that atm). I then followed this guide.

http://portforward.com/english/route...567/Apache.htm

to forward port 81 and port 450 and then went to my external ipaddress:81 and it does not connect.

What am i doing wrong? Last edited by jmr423; 1 Minute Ago at 04:10 AM

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Problem with webserver please help.

Are you accessing from outside your network? Some routers won't let you specify the external address port from inside the network - to keep someone from spoofing an internal address from outside the network.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

solved it

i had to changed the virtual hosts to blank, listening port to 81,download the no-ip.com ubuntu client, forward my router to port 81 and forward the no-ip domain to myip:81

Note i still can not connect to my server through my external ip or domain name in my home network i have to go to a diferent network and connect.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

From inside your network, you should be able to use the server's internal IP address.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net