Thread: Songbird and GStreamer problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Songbird and GStreamer problems.

Lately I've been having some problems playing music on my laptop running 9.10. Here's what I know:

Code:
    spillin@Dylans-A300:~$ songbird

(songbird-bin:8609): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple times

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgsthdvparse.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libresindvd.so: undefined symbol: gst_navigation_event_parse_command

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstlibvisual.so: undefined symbol: gst_adapter_prev_timestamp

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template bwf_audio_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template alaw_audio_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template dv_dif_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template jpeg2000_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template mpeg_audio_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template mpeg_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template up_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: invalid name template vc3_video_sink_%u: conversion specification must be of type '%d' or '%s' for GST_PAD_REQUEST padtemplate

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdv.so: undefined symbol: gst_tag_list_new_full

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstapp.so': /usr/lib/libgstapp-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol: gst_buffer_list_get_type

(songbird-bin:8663): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin '/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so': /usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstavi.so: undefined symbol: _gst_debug_dump_mem
    /opt/Songbird/./songbird-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gst-0.10/gst/_gst.so: undefined symbol: gst_task_pool_get_type
    Could not initialize GStreamer: Error re-scanning registry , child terminated by signal
    Banshee and Rhythmbox both work, although they seem to work much slower than they used to. When using Rhythmbox, my CPU usage ramps right up to 100% on both cores, so that can't be good...

I'm pretty sure I have GStreamer installed, and I don't know what changed to cause this error. Any suggestions?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Songbird and GStreamer problems.

bump
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Songbird and GStreamer problems.

I have the same problem. First I've tried the repositories version; it started but then didn't play some files (like aac's). The I've tried the stand-alone version downloaded from the website, and it just doesn't load, giving a series of errors in loading gstreamer plugins.