Thread: Browsers - cannot load xsl reference to xml

Beans

Question Browsers - cannot load xsl reference to xml

Ubuntu 8.10, kernel 2.6.27-17
    Hi there, I'm currently experiencing a strange behaviour on both Firefox 3.0.18 and Chrome 5.0.342.7 beta.
    I'm basically trying to open an xml which is associated to an xsl style sheet file, the xsl cannot be loaded due the following errors, respectively from Firefox and Chrome

Security Error: Content at file:///home/alessandro/Work-Space/SOAP-UI/common/profiles/SSBP10_BP11_TAD.xml#BP2105 may not load data from file:///opt/soapui-3.5/wsi-test-tools/common/xsl/assertions.xsl.

Unsafe attempt to load URL file:///opt/soapui-3.5/wsi-test-tools/common/xsl/assertions.xsl from frame with URL file:///opt/soapui-3.5/wsi-test-tools/common/profiles/SSBP10_BP11_TAD.xml. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

The xml is automatically generated by the wsi-tool which I installed from w3c as for the included xsl, so even if do not completely trust w3c I believe there's no malicious code in there.

Any advise on this?
    thanks in advance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Browsers - cannot load xsl reference to xml

Looks like a permissions problem to me. The xml file is in your home directory, while the xsl file isn't. The data you're trying to load might require more privileges than the file you're trying to load it into. Have you checked to make sure that you either own or are in the group that owns /wsi-test-tools?