Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: deluge /etc/init.d/ questions....

Beans

Re: deluge /etc/init.d/ questions....

the encryption on your home directory might be effecting this.

but i dont think any of the config files were actually stored in the /home/USER directory.

either way i took down this setup because the daemon that was *supposed* to can rss feeds for new items wasn't working.

I reformatted and installed 10.04 and went back to my old Vuze + Scane RSS setup which *is* working flawlessly

I am sorry i couldn't be of much help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thanks for getting back at this.
    I have everything in an unencrypted user now but I still cannot get it to work as daemon. I cannot start a new daemon when the automatic daemon is scripted to start although not even running. I cannot connect through webUI either.

My solution is to let a restricted account, which I use for mediacenter purposes anyway, autologin. From there, automatically start deluge in non-classic mode (daemon+client). Now it runs sort of as a daemon, that account is logged in always anyway. WebUI works now, too. When I login, I have to connect, ironically, to a daemon.

It's not perfect but in essence it's the same now as it would have when it worked.

Flexget works perfect for rss feeds, rediculously customizable. Takes some efford to understand but it's pretty sweet.
    📻 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio. 🤘

Beans

glad to hear you got it working!

I had flexget set up perfectly... it worked flawlessly for a few days.

then it just stopped.

and never worked properly.

Oh well. to each his own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

That's annoying. When things just stop working and you know there's probably a good explanation but it will take forever to figure out. It's one of those downsides of linux.
    📻 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio. 🤘

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

In case this helps anyone...

I originally tried the init script provided by the deluge dev site, but in the end simply added this to my /etc/rc.local file:

su - yochai -c "deluged -c /home/yochai/.config/deluge -p 58846 -l /home/yochai/deluged.log -L warning"
    su - yochai -c "deluge-web -p 8112 -l /home/yochai/deluge-web.log -L warning"
    exit 0

this essentially runs deluge as my user on a specific port, then does the same for the web interface.

yes, I know it lacks the start/stop functionality of the init script, but this was much simpler and didn't give me any of the issues I had before (mostly permission stuff). Perhaps the updated init script from their website would be a better solution now, but I still thought this was a useful option.

now if only I could figure out how to get the web interface to auto-connect to the deluge daemon...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12